I find that I am constantly battling with my diet between getting the right portions, eating healthy foods, and adding in vegetables to my meals.
So in the spirit on Race Day on Saturday and the beginning of a new month I am overhauling my diet completely to get myself back on track with a Health Eating Challenge! (I LOVE challenges!)
You all are more than welcome to join me too!
Here is what is in the 30 day challenge I've designed looks like.
Healthy Eating Challenge
- Eat 3 servings of fruits AND vegetables per day
- Remove all alcohol from diet completely
![]() |
| Source |
- Remove all soda from diet (with the exception of seltzer)
- Remove all fried foods from diet this includes: french fries, onion rings, fried shrimp, fried chicken, mozzarella sticks, basically if it is fried it's a no-no
- Remove all fast food items from diet. Bye-bye Big Mac. I'll miss you.
- Reduce the amount of red meat from diet to no more than 2X a week
![]() |
| Source |
- Increase the amount of healthy fish to diet to 2X-3X a week (making sure to observe general recommendations when it comes to fish with high mercury counts)
- Exchange all white rice for brown rice and eat portions of no more than 1/2 - 3/4 cup cooked

Source
- Recognize and eat proper portions on smaller plates
- Begin each meal with 8-10 oz. of water (may add ice, lemon, lime, etc. if desired)
- Drink 8-10 glasses of 8-10oz. of water per day. More if exercising
Day 1
So far I've gotten in my 8oz. of water before breakfast which has been my only meal so far and had 1 serving of fruits and vegetables via V8 Fusion drink. I had a muffin as well as a bowl of cereal to round out my breakfast.
I'll be posting pictures of meals every night for that day and fill you in on what I'm eating to stay on track.
Also, anyone with any good recipes is more than welcome to chime in and pass them on! Especially good veggy recipes. I typically eat my veggies raw but I could use some good cooked veggy recipes.
Here is to a new challenge! Wish me luck!



No comments:
Post a Comment