Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Terrific Tuesday!

Good morning everyone!

Well my Tuesday has gotten off to a pretty good start. Took Randi's class last night which was a Bootcamp class and got my ass handed to me with all the squats and lunges but felt good after the workout. We did a bunch of work with the aerobic step which seems easy enough until you get to the third set. I've decided that with working out all it's all fine until about half way through the second set and then all the sudden....BAM! The rest of the second set and the last set are just absolutely painful. Esepcially with those burpies and knee steps-in things...(I'll have to ask Randi what they are called.) It's an exercise where you have one knee bent and you are resting your hands on the step for balance with all the weight on the bent knee and you bring in the opposite leg and extend it out quickly. All I'll say is it BURNS!!!

After the workout though I managed to get home, grab some dinner and watch my new favorite show called Dual Survival where these two guys basically get dropped into certain situations with limited gear and they have to use their knowledge of the land and survival techniques to get back to civilization. Last night we watched them get down off a glacier in New Zealand and an episode in the desert of Peru...both were pretty awesome. Oh and did I mention that the one guy, the naturalist, does it all in shorts and bare feet? I was waiting to see if we was really going to go down the snow covered glacier barefoot....he didn't he did it with socks...but still. I was like are you kidding me.



I'm not actually sure when the new episodes come on but we usually see a couple episodes late at night or DVR them. Definitely check it out they do have great tips and advice if you are ever in a survival situation where you need to find shelter or food etc. Having done lots of hiking lately with Paul we definitely take notes just in case we are ever in a situation where we are lost or hurt or can't find our way out. There are some great tips on how to make shelter, how to use the material you have to make things....they made snow goggles out of duct tape in the episode last night....pretty amazing. I also watched them build a raft to float down a river in Africa with grass....yes that's right grass....it was unbelievable.

Food wise today has been OK, I started my morning with some water, 1/2 an English muffin with fat-free cheese, and 1 egg for an open face egg mcmuffin thing....it was good. What made it even better was the fact that it came in at 190 calories.

Got to work and enjoyed my cup of coffee while I checked email and now here I am. Tonight I am hoping to get home and go for a run. Had to be in the office early today so no AM run but I'm excited to workout tonight. I'm actually looking forward to it!

Remember there is only 1 day left to get your name in for the Healthy Prize Pack give-away!!! So check out my blog post here, Awesome Healthy Give-away and enter!

Hope everyone has a great day!

2 comments:

  1. You guys should watch Expedition Impossible!! It's a great show and there is this blind guy who just knocks down every obstacle. He is a true inspiration. I've only watched the show twice but It's great!!
    You guys did great last night!! We did a jack, toe jack and squat thrust combo off the step and you guys tore it up!! Split Lunges and a lot of upper body, shoulder and back work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep uop the great work! U can do this! Split squats are great, does wonders for your legs and butt!you're off to a new sexier you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...