You might be thinking that Saturday's are most peoples favorite day of the week because you are off from work and spend time at home with family....
But Saturday is MY favorite day of the week because I get to spend 2 hours with 2 of my favorite people.
Randi and Debbie; two of the nicest, funniest, energetic about exercise, ladies I know.
Randi our instructor is amazing. She pushes you the whole time but knows when to stop, she encourages you to keep going that little bit further and it is a perfect fit for what I need. She makes it fun even when your pouring sweat and trying to run up a bridge and is always supportive with our efforts....and knows we can always give that 10% more of what we thought we had in us. She is the best cheerleader to have in your corner and I love spending my Monday, Thursday, and Saturdays in her classes.
Debbie is amazing too! She pushes through those exercises with me and jogs next to me and knows how to push herself. She has done an amazing job of being fit and staying fit and I love having her in class with me. She just powers through those exercises even though we are both about ready to quit as our legs are shaking but she always gives it 100% and is a real inspiration.
So to just say it once again...I love my Saturday morning classes!
The first hour our of class is spent outside on a walk/jog combination with weighted gloves and each time I feel like I am getting better, faster, and pushing myself a little more.
Then there is a 15 minute break for stretching and getting our heart rate down and then on to the butt and gut class. Basically we do squats, lunges, side raises, banded lifts, and other lower body routines with and without weights and then move to the floor for abs where we do planks, side raises, crunches, bicycles, side planks...the works.
Usually I come home unable to move....although today was a little bit better than last weekend.
I was proud of myself too because based on what we know we think we did our outside workout walk/jog combo all the way out to 3 miles and some change. (I kept thinking to myself 5K, no problem!)
Here is my celebratory face with a thumbs up although I cut off the thumb when I took the picture by accident.
Made It!
Now it is off for a little more stretching, some water, and time to get cleaned up for the weekend!
Don't forget to enter for your chance to win a Healthy Prize Pack, see my blog from yesterday and Enter!
Awesome Healthy Give-Away!
Happy Saturday everyone!


Saturday is my favorite Day too!!! I love that my day starts out with some great laughs, talks, and exercise with you and Debbie! You two are unstoppable. Every week you push yourself more and more and never give up!! Thanks for all the kind words!! You made me smile!! :)
ReplyDeleteHey girl, you've got your dad worried that you'll leave him in your dust on that 5K! Can't wait to see you!
ReplyDeleteNow, drop my name into the hat for your give-away! My gym just got a StairMaster so I'm getting back to my old cardio routine of treadmill, bike, stairs. Since my daily routine doesn't include stairs, hopefully, this will help me keep up with you!!!! Mox
Dana, you and Randi keep me going!!! It's so much easier to get through the workouts with people who are supporting you and fun to be with. "Iron sharpens iron" and you guys are my iron. And my favorite routine/exercise is ... we said it Saturday - full body stretch because I can reflect on all we just did and that we are that much closer to our goal!
ReplyDelete