Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

6/22/2011 - Day 1 in Blog World

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to my weight loss adventure blog. I feel before I introduce my self that I should apologize if my blog is a little rough around the edges at first. I am a first time blogger so any advice or help you may be able to offer would be wonderful!

This blog is about my weight loss journey and my goal to hitting my goal weight of 140 pounds.

I have been bouncing around with weight since I was in high school where sports kept me active but I still tended to yo-yo with my weight. After an unexpected injury, my junior year of high school lead to knee surgery which translated to spending my junior and senior year out of sports. In those two years I packed on about 20 pounds and continued for the next four years in college to bounce around between being fit and not fit. In 2006 I was at my lowest weight that I can remember at 164 pounds....which still is a bit high for my height but I was quite happy there. The problem was once I got out of college and I had to start preparing meals for myself I learned one of the only easy and quick dinners I could actually make was pasta......so I ate a lot of pasta......probably about 2 or 3 days a week it was spaghetti. I tried using different meals for weight loss including Nutrisystem but I just couldn't tolerate the food. I'm not a picky eater at all but I just couldn't do it so I went back to the old easy stand-by of pasta. It didn't help that I also worked for an advertising agency where having meals out for lunch or dinners together while working late wasn't all that uncommon. I became relaxed in my working out as well. However I did manage to prepare and run a 5k race in 2008 but after that race I put working out aside and yo-yo'd again.

So now here we are three years from then and I'm currently at......well let's just say I'm at a place that I desperately don't want to be anymore. :0)

Since December when my family reached out to me to get some help with my weight I have joined a new gym and worked with a dietitian through email with my struggles with healthy meals....not liking most healthy vegetables...doesn't help either.

However I have been with the program since December and so far lost 12 pounds. I am now on a quest to keep my weight loss going and I thought that by having a blog where I can join other bloggers who are going through the same thing find some motivation and accountability for my diet and exercise plan.

Thanks for reading and I'll post a new blog tomorrow!

Dana

3 comments:

  1. For those who know and love you personally, let me just say what I am sure we are all thinking: that you are beautiful and strong at any weight, but that we are SO PROUD of you for committing to a healthier lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're using myFitnesspal. I love it and its really helps me lose weight. I recommend to everyone.
    You know I'm here for you and going through the same battle! I have no doubt we'll both succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Dana! You are beautiful inside and out, but I'm inspired by your aspirations to feel better and achieve your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...