Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Attack of the Midnight Munchies

Hello friends!

So to pick up where I left off...

Last night I continued my great day of healthy eating and working out and had a delicious dinner where I kept my portions small and drank about three nalgene's worth of water. Hooray!, I thought to myself. I felt amazing. And just then in the midst of my celebration it hit me, an unmistakable rumbling in my stomach.

Paralyzed with fear I stopped and looked at the clock...11:15pm...oh no. It was a case of the midnight munchies.

Instead of panicking I decided that since I had exercised and had healthy balanced meals maybe I could feed this little craving with a piece of fruit and that's when I saw it. Sitting on the counter wrapped in plastic wrap and tied up with a little green bow was a stack of homemade chocolate chip cookies. The music from Jaws played in my mind as though I was in some kind of crazy movie. The tempo increased faster and faster until I was hovering over the cookies.

By that point it was already too late my mind had already betrayed my healthy diet and I was staring in the face of extra calories and the guilt the next day but I was already too far gone.

Three cookies later I was lying awake in bed unable to sleep. Visions of the caped villain whom I'll name "Captain of the Munchy Brigade" had foiled me once again and placed cookies on my counter.

I tossed and turned thinking about the cookies until 12:30am. I couldn't figure out how they had even gotten there. I didn't make them. And then I remembered. During a Father's Day picnic my boyfriend was given a green bag to take home. I shot up in bed when I realized what was probably in the green bag. I ran down stairs and opened up the green bag lying next to the coffee maker. Peanut chews, Cheetos, brownies, it was beautiful but I had to get rid of it. I shoved the bag in the spice cabinet and figured it was safer behind the door than on the counter.

I marched upstairs feeling defeated. Captain of the Munchy Brigade 1. Dana 0.

Till next time Captain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...