Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Running in the Rain

Good morning everyone.

Well this morning was a first for me. I was dedicated enough with my workout plan that I actually got my game face on and ran in the rain. Trust me I wasn't all that happy about it especially when the alarm went off at 4:45 but I was proud that I stuck to my plan. (I actually almost took a picture of my sad face next to the 4:45am alarm clock but no one looks good in the morning so sorry but maybe next time)

That being said I was super super stiff after class last night with Randi. From Saturday's double classes and last nights class my hamstrings pretty much feel like if I stretch them too long they might actually snap.Unfortunately, I only got about 1.25 miles in before I had to stop and walk. The way back going up the hill really stinks and my legs were having none of it by then. I was a little disappointed but I'm hoping with some stretching and sleep tonight I'll do a little bit better tomorrow and complete my 2.25 loop running the whole thing.

As promised in yesterday's blog, here is a picture of my super cool running vest complete with pocket for my flashlight, keys, and mace. Safety counts after all.


I made sure to take a picture of it in the dark so you can see it in all it's reflective glory!

I actually really like it, I feel safer running with it when it's pitch black out and it is nice that it can hold my keys etc.

You know you want one.....all the cool kids have one.... :0)

If you are interested I got mine at REI for I believe it was 15 bucks and the brand is Runner's World.
Check it out here,  Runner's World Reflective Run Vest.

Well folks I hope you are having a nicer day than here where the rain is supposed to continue all week. I'll keep you posted today on how I do with meals. So far I have had about.....10 cups of coffee.....only kind of kidding. Really 2 travel mugs worth and a bagel with cream cheese....and before you say it I know I know I picked the worst breakfast possible but I was in a hurry and I don't do well with meals under pressure.

I calculated the bagel and cream cheese and 1 travel mug of coffee to just under 400 calories....I know.....I know....bad Dana. Good news is lunch is a salad and a diet coke and dinner will be light too.

Stay tuned tomorrow! Running in the Rain part 2!

Keep on keepin' on!

1 comment:

  1. There it is!! The vest!! lolololol that is great!! How thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...