Hello friends!
Another congratulations to our contest winner Jess and a big thank you to all who participated!
Forgive the absence of my blogging as I was in the Sierra Nevada's for some mountain time!
I was on vacation for a few days where I made sure to get in some exercise in the mountain air. That included some terrible attempts at wake-boarding (although I did manage to get up), two different hikes one short and steep and another 6.1 miler that wasn't as steep and lots of fresh air.
Now it's back home and back into the grove of things. As much as I love vacation time I am always glad to get back home to the routine and my weekly exercise classes!
Randi and Debbie, I missed you! See you Thursday night!
Now that things are starting to get back to normal, after about 5 loads of laundry and 250 work emails to read through, I'm on track once again with meals and exercise.
Tonight however is more house work but I'm going to tackle Noelle's home workout that she gave me which will hopefully get my booty back in gear.
Here's what it includes:
On the steps of my apartment
3 sets of steps (12x)
3 sets drop down squat (12x)
3 sets drop down squat with a knee lift (12x)
3 sets reverse lunge (12x)
3 sets reverse lunge with a knee lift (12x)
3 sets calf raises (12x)
Using the weights or band
3 sets Upright row (12x)
3 sets Side raise (12x)
3 sets Shoulder press with a squat (12x)
3 sets V crunch with bicep curl (12x)
On the floor
3 sets Push-ups (12x)
3 sets Tricep push-ups (12x)
3 sets Planks (30 sec.)
3 sets Crunches/obliques (25x)
Whew.....that outta do it!
I'm also trying a new method of rewarding myself/exercising at the same time.
I enjoy watching some TV once I get home and everything has been done for the day. Usually around 9pm I'm ready to watch TV for an hour or two before I go to bed but this time what I'm going to do is during the commercial breaks which is anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 min and 30 seconds I'm going to do crunches or a plank. I figure why not get in some extra ab work while I watch my show.
I'll try to post a picture if this in action later on tonight.
Meal wise this morning was an open face toast and egg combo with a to-go mug of coffee (skim milk and 1 tbs splenda). (estimated at 290 calories)
Lunch time is a diet coke with tuna fish on skinny bread...yum. Fat free mayo (light on the mayo) with crushed black pepper in the tuna. (estimated at 210 calories)
(As a random side note I have decided that I'm obsessed with crushed black pepper. I LOVE IT! I probably put pepper on everything these days. That and garlic....and cilantro but I left those out of the tuna...although it could be good. I'll try that another time. :0) )
So there you have it....that's my day planned out. Let's see how good I am with sticking to it!
Happy Wednesday Everyone! And for those on the East Coast I hope everyone made it out of the Hurricane OK.

Ahhhahhhahhahh We missed you tonight!! We thought for sure we would see you.. :) Glad you're back!
ReplyDelete