Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Balancing Act

Short entry today but here it is,

One of things that I think has been most important in my weight-loss journey has been recognizing that this is a lifelong commitment and it is also a bit of a balancing act.

When I started this journey part of what I told myself was, while it is incredibly important to me to lose the weight and feel good about my body, it is also important to find a lifestyle that I can live with. To me that means a healthy balance of exercise, sleep, finding time to be social, continuing to work hard at work, and just enjoying life. I think this is important because while some days when I miss a workout I think, Great I've blown it now, I instead shrug it off and remind myself that it's OK to miss a day and listen to what your body needs and for me one of the things my body needs, especially by the time Thursday rolls around, is sleep.

I also am making more right choices than wrong so even if I slip up here and there I have learned to accept that and remind myself that this is a journey and one that I want to be able to maintain in the future which means I need to be able to live with the choices I make. Another example is not only did I not exercise this morning but got about 30 minutes more sleep but I also had a larger breakfast than normal at about 450 where I usually fall in at about 270 or 300. But I also know that it will tide me over until lunch so I took out a snack for the day. It is choices like that and the flexibility to have a larger breakfast and adjust, or sleep this morning but pick up a workout tonight that I think is part of the success. Instead of focusing on what I ate or how much I ate I'm focusing on what I did right and all the accomplishments I've had this week. After all part of finding a plan that works for you is really understanding that it is all a balancing act and going over in food just means maybe the run is 40 minutes instead of 30 or I eat less for dinner. I think that the balance is really important to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...