For those of you who can actually count I apologize for my 100th post excitement as I'm sure you may have noticed that 77 live posts last year and 18 live posts this year equals 95 not 100.
Oh man....such a Dana move. I'm actually 5 blogs short. But I swear I'll write an even better 100th post when it is actually 100.
So the middle of the afternoon yesterday I figured out that I had 5 blogs in "Draft" that I never published because I edited them or just didn't like them but when I logged in it said 100 posts because it counts Live and Draft posts. So I'm actually, including this one, am only at 96. Oh man I feel silly.
Wasn't my 100th post awesome though!
So anyway after my 100th post that wasn't actually 100 I was at work the rest of the day and tried Morning Star Soy Burger. Also note to readers I actually thought that soy burgers were called Boca burgers and didn't realize that was a brand name so sorry for the confusion on that yesterday. But to sum up my experience it was AMAZING!
But as I was eating my lunch my coworker stopped by and said "hey whatcha' eating?" so I told her it was a soy burger and she gave me this funny look and said, "why you're not a vegetarian?" I responded well I just like them and she just kind of walked away but it finally gave me a minute to think whether or not there was really a healthy reason to eat soy burgers instead of real ones. When I thought about it I looked at the calories and they are about 150-200 calories less than an actual burger but, Is there actually a nutritional reason/benefit to eat them versus having a real burger if you are not a vegetarian?So I went home and did a little research and I haven't actually found out in there is a good reason for the swap or not so I'll have to get back to you on that. But for me I like it because I can count my calories a lot easier because I know 1 patty is exactly 140 calories where as with meat burgers unless you weigh the meat it's hard to tell how much you are eating and what the caloric count would be. Bottom line though Morning Star brand of soy burgers gets a very enthusiastic thumbs up.
After my work day I headed home and once again had high expectations of reading and fell asleep on the bus instead. Oops. Once I got home I did some organizational stuff like mail, hanging up my towels from the gym, packing a lunch for tomorrow, and then I figured out what I'd do for dinner. Last night was Mushroom ravioli and baked Tilapia. It was also delicious and I felt great about my choice because it was a smart portion size and it really hit the spot. I forgot how much I love fish. I haven't been eating it as often but I LOVE it. Kind of hard to see the picture....sorry I need to get another lamp in my living room it's too dark. But you can see the fish on top and the sauce that I made. It was a simple dry packet that I just mixed up quickly on the stove. For the Tilapia I added dill, cilantro, turmeric, and another spice that I now can't remember and it was awesome. I also added a tiny bit of olive oil to help it cook in the oven. After about 10 minutes the previously frozen piece of fish was done and delicious. Last night was also night number 1 of my no drinking mission....which I'm trying again and I have to say I didn't really miss it. I got into a funny habit of having beer, or wine, or something when I got home and I just don't really think it is all the necessary. I mean it's just added calories as far as I'm concerned and I certainly would rather eat my calories than drink them so I stuck to water. Then it was up at insane-o-clock which was even harder this morning and I slapped some water on my face, got dressed, and headed out the door. I grabbed a treadmill or as one of my favorite bloggers says, a dreadmill, he he he he and I busted out my workout. 1.25 at 4.5 and I gotta tell you I must be getting used to it because it felt almost too easy.....that being said we'll see what tomorrow feels like but I'm now at the point where I'm running 16 or 17 minutes continuously. It felt great when I finished although my left hip is giving me some trouble so I made sure to walk for another 15 minutes or so and then did some good stretching to see if I could loosen it up some. Then it was a shower and the bus where I slept like a rock but only after I had a quick blueberry nutrigrain bar as I was starving. I woke up in NY like most mornings and dragged myself the ten blocks to work and once I got there I had a coffee and two whole wheat Eggos which was a great snack and the coffee did the trick to wake me up. And now I'm talking to you lovely people.
Tonight I'm thinking that Paul will probably be cooking, we'll see what it is, he likes to surprise me...how lucky am I to be surprised with dinners made for me when I get home! Maybe it'll be more Korean, mmmmm
OK, till later friends!


No comments:
Post a Comment