Just kidding. I bet I have your attention now. ;0)
This mornings post should really be called Good Intentions, as I had good intentions to get up and run this morning but the Fog Monster convinced me that it would be better to stay inside where it was dry and sleep.
I woke up to go for a run at 5:30 and it was drizzling and really foggy, so I sat on the edge of the bed having that motivation conversation with myself that I often find myself having. I end up doing the, "Should I run now......or well I guess I could go later.......maybe if I am more rested......but I really should go.......but it's raining out.......I don't really want to run in the rain.......but I'll feel good if I do......but it's wet......" and you all get the idea. Sadly, today my determination failed against the fog and rain monster and I ended up going back to bed for another hour.
Once I finally woke up around 6:25 I felt terrible for skipping a run and just kind of lazy. Ugh....I know that it is ALWAYS better to get up and go even if it isn't a stellar day or even if I have a slow run, but I ALWAYS feel better when I go. Why I seem to never remember that is I guess a question for another day.
So once I finally came to terms with my laziness, I got up and ready for work. I had 2 whole wheat Eggo's for breakfast with a glass of milk and coffee to go. The commute today was a little slower because of the weather but it still wasn't all that bad.....anything under 2 hours these days is fine by me. And honestly just being able to turn on the radio or a CD and sign along makes for a much better commute too :0)
In new news
Because of the new diet changes I'm making with the no alcohol during the week, that I mentioned yesterday, I'm also going to go back to trying to take pictures of everything I eat. It is extremely helpful in terms of knowing where my calories come from. We'll see how I do...I'm starting today but I have a lunch meeting for work today and I don't want to seem like a total freak so I may pass on that today. I just think it might be a little embarrassing to have to explain what I'm doing. I don't want to be the "weird new girl" you know.Also in trip news,
I got all my packing done last night for my trip so I should be ready to go once I get home, just have to throw in my clean-up stuff that I needed this morning to get ready for work. I know Paul is hoping we can leave around 7pm so I'm going to hopefully be able to head out of work right at 5 tonight. We are thinking it will take a good 5 to 5.5 hours for us to get up to Massachusetts so the earlier we leave the better. Although we are guessing our ETA will probably be around 12:30 - 1am. Yikes! I plan on sleeping-in tomorrow. :0) So friends to sum up, stay tuned for meal photos, photos from my trip, exercise updates, fun trip stuff like museums, hikes, and I'm sure delicious food! I know Paul's Uncle Lou has challenged Paul and I to prepare dinner for them one night and we are already plotting what to make to thrill their taste buds so make sure you stay tuned for that update!
Happy Wednesday Everyone! Stay tuned for more!

No comments:
Post a Comment