About 2 minutes after I got off the bus last night it decided that it was a great time to pour buckets of rain. Even with my umbrella I was totally soaked. To make matters worse I also had to go to the grocery store so by the time I got home I had been running back and forth getting my groceries in the house minus the umbrella because who can carry groceries while holding an umbrella. I'm clearly not that talented.
By the time I got home and inside I was drenched and a little less than amused.
Soaked mess (This is my frustrated and annoyed that I'm drenched face)
Totally soaked jeans (This is not some cool faded jean look, that would be the water up my jean legs)
However, totally soaked aside I did manage to salvage the night and make a delicious Cooking Light Recipe that I'll add into my recipes section. It was chicken and mushrooms over a baked potato and rounding out calorie wise around 450.....not bad. It was a filling and delicious end to the day. The baked potato was plain with nothing on it and the only thing in the sauce for the chicken was onion, mushroom, a little bit of white wine, reduced sodium chicken broth, and 1 tbsp. butter.
Yum.
So after a pretty good night I turned in around 11 and got some great sleep. I listened to the rain through the window and was cool and comfortable. Imagine my astonishment to then wake up in a totally bad mood today.
I'm not even quite sure what exactly I'm in a bad mood about but for whatever reason my body has decided that I'm going to be generally grumpy today. So I've just been kind of slumping through the day eager for my Friday to come and the weekend to start. My plan is to just go with it today and go home and go to my exercise class to help me snap out of my funk.
Oh shoot.......scratch that.....to make my bad mood even worse......my lovely Kickboxing class with Randi was just canceled.....stupid rain.....stupid flooding.
Well crap.
Ok so it's home to go for a walk. I need some exercise I think. I'm sure if I get outside and walk a little I'll be feeling better in no time.
Till tomorrow then!


No comments:
Post a Comment