Sorry for the lack-o-blogging lately. I know everyone can relate to the fact that this is an absolutely manic time of year. From trying to finish my shopping to working overtime so I can enjoy my time off coming up....I just haven't been feeling much like blogging nor really had the time for it. Good news is I get to work from home tomorrow and then I'm off for a much needed vacation! Woo hoo!
Been feeling a little blue lately to be honest. I had such good intentions and promises to myself to get down some more weight before the New Year and well.....I'm about 10 days from the New Year and I am actually up 2 pounds. Hence the reason why I have been avoiding the scale for the last week or so. Whether it has been stress from work or stress from some family stuff going on I've been indulging in foods that should be avoided at all costs. Such as pretty much solely eating junk. From cookies in the office to popcorn and chips at home I've basically been eating all the foods I shouldn't be and I don't think I've seen a vegetable in over a week or two if we are being honest.
That being said I remember what I posted a few weeks ago about having decisions every day about how to lead a healthy lifestyle. I think for me if I get off track I just get further depressed and mopey about being off track and have a hard time jumping back on the wagon but I'm happy to say that I am going to be on the wagon now until the New Year. I have a goal in mind and I can't let out side factors such as work and other things beyond my control effect what I'm doing to improve the way I feel and look. I find that I am such a sucker too when people invite me to join them for a meal. Like a coworker asking me to go get Indian for lunch or Paul and I having pizza or hamburger helper for dinner because it is fast and easy. I haven't had the control lately to stand-up and say, "You know what I'm trying hard to be good so thanks but no thanks."
Plus I think in the last week with all the holiday parties I've been indulging in more drinks at night and have probably eaten 2 dozen cookies already. Which is of course leading me to feel awful. I don't understand why I do it either. When I eat badly I feel terrible and guilty about it for weeks which would make it seem like I should just not do it but some how emotional eating and stress eating kicks in and I do it anyway. Must continue to work on that.
Oh boy, I just finished reading an article on one of the blogs I follow about how apparently a few different people have been criticizing Michelle Obama as a hypocrite for pushing nutrition when they say she has a big butt. No joke. See below in pink for the entry from A Journey To Thin's blog. Oh and you'll really appreciate the comment from Rush Limbaugh's take on the subject. Probably one of the worst and yet predictable things I've ever heard a man say about a woman's figure.
According to this article from the Huffington Post, Wisconsin Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner was quoted saying, “She lectures us on eating right while she has a large posterior herself." WHAT? Did I miss something!? THIS woman has a big butt?!

I don’t think so. Michelle Obama is gorgeous. I’d be very happy with her figure! I would LOVE to have her arms—you can tell she works hard for them. She is curvy and beautiful.
What really outrages me is Rush Limbaugh’s comment, “The problem is, and dare I say this, it doesn't look like Michelle Obama follows her own nutritionary, dietary advice...I'm trying to say that our First Lady does not project the image of women that you might see on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue or of a woman Alex Rodriguez might date every six months or what have you."
This is the biggest misconception with health and fitness. Health and fitness are not measured by how ‘Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue ready’ you are. It has to do with a healthy diet and consistent exercise. Just because a girl looks good in a swimsuit does not mean she is healthy. Why am I not surprised that men are making these statements?
And that just about sums up how I feel about men's feelings on health and appearance. I have found that out of all of my friends who have been on diets and tried to loose weight it almost always came from the pushing of men for them to do it and the concentration was not on health but on image. Why is it that men have this idea that you are only attractive and "healthy" if you apparently, as Mr. Limbaugh says, can be prepared to show it all off on the cover of Sports Illustrated.
I know that this of course all comes from the media. Men watch TV with size 0 and size 2, 5'11 women strutting around in tight skirts and dresses and want us all to look like that whether they are healthy or not. Now to the credit of some fabulous men out there they embrace that all women are different and can appreciate the importance of health over image but the others out there are just plain disgusting. Shame on you Mr. Limbaugh.
Yuck, totally disgusted by those comments. Moving on now.
I'm hoping over the holiday I will be able to blog a lot about my trip and my time at home with the family and hopefully get to catch up on some much needed sleep too. That and I'm cleaning out my room at home which is full of total crap. Seriously, books from college and old notes from high school it is just full of junk, must work on that while I'm home. I'm planning a pretty aggressive exercise schedule while I'm home and on break to hopefully bust out a great number for my 2012 reading I'm going to take on Jan 1. Keep checking in now that I am officially back in blog-world and not MIA.
Happy Holidays Friends and stay tuned!

No comments:
Post a Comment