Hello everyone,
Well let me just start by saying that I went for a workout yesterday morning and
I .............Killed.............it!
That being said I'm sore this morning but it is a feel good sore that lets me know I got in a good workout.
I did 40 minutes on the treadmill doing intervals of walking and jogging which I actually really like as a way to get my running up and it is challenging because you have to manage your breath. I usually was doing it based on time like 2 minutes walking 5 or 6 minutes jogging etc. Then I switched to distance like walk .15 and jog .5 etc. but yesterday I found a whole new system which actually made me smile and dare I say enjoy it.
I know crazy right....who enjoys running....I certainly don't.....well up until now, but this new way of intervals was so much fun. Instead of constantly looking at my watch for the time or down on the machine for the distance I decided that I was going to let my iPod determine the run. I put my running mix on shuffle and I would walk one song, jog the next song, walk one song, jog the next, and so on. It made me concentrate on the music and enjoy it and I found I was even singing along during my jogging. It made my jogging so much easier and fun rather than stressful waiting for time or distance to pass. The only thing I'd say is that most of my songs are around 4 minutes which is probably a little too long to be walking so if I was in a walking and I was ready to run again I just hit skip on my iPod for a new song. It was perfect! I downloaded some new music for my running list last night and I'm definitely going to try this approach again today although the logistics are a little tricky.
Side Note: Oh and speaking of a new playlist I know I'm probably way late on this but does any one else LOVE the Stereo Heart song? Check it out Stereo Hearts Gym Class Heroes.
I have to take my car in to the shop for a recall which is kind of sucky, plus they said to allow for at least a day which probably means I won't get it back till tomorrow. I'm hoping that's not true but Paul's parents are going to pick me up so at least I don't have to wait there so I can go home and work from home till it's done. The problem was I was supposed to go to the gym this morning before I drop the car off but seeing is how I have to drop it off by 8 and it's 7:11....I'm thinking making it to the gym and getting a work out in is probably not going to happen. Ops. Sleep won this morning but I'm going to go for a walk on my lunch break or try to squeeze a workout in tonight. I gotta say it only takes a good work out for me to be Super Pumped to go back.
Oh and after the treadmill I did an abs routine on the floor and it was awesome. I did planks on a Bosu ball.
I put the rounded part on the ground so the flat base was facing up and you put your hands on the flat part and do a plank which is great for control. You have to balance perfectly so you don't wobble on the ball. Then just because I was in such a great mood I kept the plank position on the ball and did small leg lifts. So as you are balancing in the plank you lift your legs up (one at a time of course). I felt awesome. To be fair I couldn't hold them for long probably about 30 seconds but I did 3 sets and then had to hit the shower. Considering I usually avoid doing an abs routine I was excited with that.
Especially since I had this to burn off.
I had a pulled pork, tomato, coleslaw, baked potato. And yes this = AMAZING!
Sorry for any vegetarians who are horrified at this but I am most certainly a carnivore and I'm sorry but this was delicious and I'm not even going to apologize for this. ;0)
Alright friends well it's time to take the car in but stay tuned for more later!



No comments:
Post a Comment