Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Help! I can't feel my legs!

Hello friends,

I hope you are all off to a good start this morning. I'm feeling good after my workout this morning and my Muscle Mania class last night although I will confess that my muscles were actually hurting last night instead of the usual next day or two days later. When I walked up the steps to my apartment after class and shut the door the first thing I did was try to step out of my shoes and my legs and hamstrings were so tired I actually fell backwards and hit my head on the door.

I drew a little sketch because I was in shock that this even happened (although those that know me won't be all that surprised, I'm a bit of a klutz). It was straight out of a movie where the character falls off a treadmill, or trips over his/her bike after getting off, this was right up there. All I was trying to do was to take one foot to hold my shoe while you wiggle your foot out. I could have bent over and just untied them but I never seem to do that.

Enjoy my sketch below.



The workout last night was tough. We did lots of cardio and I know the instructor is tired of hearing me say this but did anyone know that jumping jacks and hopping could be so difficult? I still can't believe that I am trying to catch my breath after a minute or two of jumping jacks and hops and man do you feel it in your legs. We also hit up the hamstrings during a couple rounds of dead lifts before hitting the floor for some butt blasters and ab work. I love my classes but man are they difficult and I still hold firm that even though I've been doing squats for months now, they don't get any easier. :0)

So after all the sweat and muscle craziness I swore to myself that I wouldn't blow it all on dinner so I actually did pretty well for me. I had a small bowl of leftover chicken salad with light mayo, paprika, and pepper, a small bowl of roasted potatoes from Friday with olive oil and 1/4 of an onion soup packet, and a bag of mixed veggies with 2 tbsp. fat-free thousand island dressing.



I will admit though I did end up having a serving of Cheetos....I don't know what came over me. I had done great all day and then I saw the bag on top of the fridge and it was a problem. But I did limit myself to 1 serving size (15 crisps) and then before bed I wanted something to drink that wasn't water so I grabbed a Breyers fruit pop (raspberry) for 5 calories which hit the spot perfectly. All together I maintained my calorie count (even with the Cheetos slip up) for a total of 1290 calories for the day and an hour workout so I was proud of that.

This morning however when I woke up at usual time to get myself on the bus and to the gym....I knew I was in trouble. I literally could not feel my legs this morning as I was lying in bed. For a minute I had to make sure they were still there and then I got up and started moving around and it was like a cold shower, hell yeah, they were there alright and feeling ever exercise from last night with ever move I made. I pretty much winced around the apartment because I was so stiff and sore. I hobbled down the stairs and it was like my upper body was moving and my lower half was just getting dragged around.

On that note, how did my run go today you ask? Well you can only image that having very stiff and sore legs would be a problem but by the time I go to the bus I was actually loosening up. Enter next problem, I then was sitting on the bus for an hour and fifteen minutes. Hello stiffness! As soon as we got to the bus station and I got off it was almost like learning to walk again or something from the Discovery Channel where a baby ostrich learns how to walk and to make things even better there are tons of people around so I couldn't even hobble around unnoticed. I looked ridiculous and I could tell people were like what's wrong with her. By the first two blocks though I could at least walk normally again and not embarrass myself and make it to the gym. Once I got there I decided that I was taking a no excuses approach and I would run my mile and walk the half instead of the 1.5 jog that I had planned for.

Let's see now I got about oh to a half mile and it was almost like my legs looked up at me and said, "Yeah right, we are so not doing this today," and with that at about .85 a total shut down. I ended up walking for 30 minutes at a moderate pace and then stretching....a lot, but I was still proud that I got in a workout regardless of how bad it went. The real part that annoyed me was there was this kid who was probably 16 on the treadmill next to me who was like a power ranger or something he was running at a ridiculous speed with this big goofy smile on his face and I'm not proud of myself but I came really close to pushing him off his treadmill. He was bouncing and springing like he was a gazelle in another life and this was the best part of his day while I can't even walk and sweating like a pig. All I'll say is that I was happy I was at 38 minutes because any longer than 5 minutes next to runner boy and I might have lost it.

Good news is and I would like to brag a little here last night I only managed to get to
8,626 Steps by 10:41pm

And then this morning I am already at,
7,869 Steps by 9:29am

So with any luck I'll be able to knock yesterday's number out of the park! Now I'm at work and I have scheduled time in my calendar to get up and walk otherwise I may not be able to walk back to the bus station tonight. :0) Wish me luck! Hope you all are doing well, catch you later!

Anyone have any good leg stretches?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...