Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ode to a Snack

Oh apples.....(dramatic sigh) how I love you.....you're even tastier with a little peanut butter and you truly do make the most delicious afternoon snack. Same time tomorrow apple and peanut butter. Until then I'll just dream of your oozy, crunchy deliciousness.

Amen.

Hello Friends,

Sorry for my random side note but I just had the best snack EVER. I love apples plain but man....with a little peanut butter there is nothing like it!

I have finally also decided there is something to that whole 6 small meals a day thing. I used to think it went against all common sense to eat more frequently when dieting but it now makes total sense.

I'm actually comfortable during the day and never get to that starving feeling, aka my normal work day. Previously before this revelation I would eat at 5:45am, then at noon, and then at 8:30pm so I would go a good 6-8 hours without eating and I gotta tell you by the time I ate, I was ready to eat everything in sight.

I know my dietitian is probably thinking....."THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING SINCE THE BEGINNING!" and well it's only recently this week that I thought I'd give it another go and I will admit, she was right.

I had a hard time previously because I couldn't find any snacks that I really liked that were healthy but I have finally got it nailed down. Here is my new and improved meals and snack schedule.

6:15 am - Breakfast - 1 egg over 1 slice of toast on exercise mornings or 1 bagel thin/muffin on non exercise mmornings
9:30 am - Snack Chobani Yogurt break and coffee - I had only tried the regular plain yogurt and hated it but the flavors are so much better. I like blueberry and strawberry.
12:30 pm - Lunch - Sandwich, or Lean Cuisine, and 1-2 cups popcorn
2:45 pm - Snack Bag of raw carrots
5:00 pm - Snack Apple and peanut butter
8:30 pm - Dinner - Usually chicken or fish with rice and a vegetable

Can you say delicious! Plus the best part is I vary up the fruit and the yogurt flavors so I don't get bored. I had tuna sandwich with blueberry yogurt and carrots yesterday and today it was strawberry yogurt a lean cuisine and apples and peanut butter.

Even better is I usually end up not needing one of my snacks but I am so much more comfortable this way. I don't get really hungry ever I just kind of graze and eat and snack throughout the day and because I'm not so hungry I tend not to slip up. I won't grab pizza or chips just because it's easy. I'll usually stick to my meal for the day.

Progress.....I think so.

What are your favorite snacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...