Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Belted Bliss

Is there anything better than punching holes in a belt to make it smaller......

Answer: No, not really. There is nothing better than that.

It might be one of the best motivational influences out there. To pull on your favorite jeans, notice they're a little loose, put on a belt and notice the belt it also loose. Then there is that instant joy you have getting the belt punch out and marking where it should be to keep your pants on. It feels fan-freaking-tastic.

I've so far punches 3 holes. Two holes in one belt and one hole in the other belt. And I'm about to punch another one.

Motivation to keep going. Hell Yeah!

I have been struggling lately with the weight on the scale to get it to budge but I have been noticing my clothes are looser, my jeans are looser, and I'm actually toning my leg muscles from the running I've been doing. It has been a long haul for my weight-loss but I know I'm finally making waves.

The scale still frustrates me because while I'm not loosing, and I've actually gained a little, but I try to remember that I have gained muscle and toned up the flabby areas so while the number might not be great I'm on my way to a much healthier place.

It is also hard too when no one else notices. When you loose weight or hit a milestone like punching a new hole in a belt you feel like you can take on the world and well....when the world doesn't notice or even if the worst, they think you have gained weight it is a real slap in the face. And trust me I've had both happen to me.

But then I remember this is NOT pretty. Weight-loss is not pretty. Working out is not pretty. It's hard, sweaty, messy, and emotional but at times like these with a new hole in a belt those are the things you hold on to to get you to the next big step.

I ran a 2.1 route today with hills and I was a little disappointed with my time of 29 minutes but the hills really slowed me down today. I just tried to keep placing one foot in front of the other to push up it but I was a little discouraged. In other news though I felt strong for the most part on run and my breathing was really in control but the ol' legs were just heavy this morning. I'm scheduled for a swim tomorrow morning but I may change it to a run instead but we'll have to see how the weather is.

Race day is in 9 days and I'm starting to get a little nervous but I'm hoping if I can turn out a solid 2.5 my body and adrenaline will carry me the rest of the way for a 3.1 run in under 40 minutes. That being my number 1 goal is just to run the whole thing so if that means I'm at 42 minutes or 45 minutes or whatever if I can just run the whole thing I'll be really proud.

Till later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...