Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sweat Fest

Once again Randi has pulled out all the stops.

Good news is I'm actually not all that sore today. Bad news is I know it's coming but it's just a matter of time. It is absolutely coming so now I just get to sit and wait for it.

Last night started with the worst warm-up EVER. All I know is it lasted forever and it didn't feel like a warm-up because I was sweating and panting by the time it was over.

It started out easily enough with some grapevines and hamstring curls followed by jumping-jacks. "OK, not so bad" I thought, but then we moved on to jumping-jacks, powers, and single powers. Then we did X jumps, jumping-jacks, powers, single powers. At this point I started getting hot and thinking "OK, still not terrible" and then we did squats with leg lifts, pulsing squats, push-ups, plank rows, mountain men, more push-ups, plank rows, and hovers. By this point I started hating class. It doesn't take long to go from happy I'm so glad I'm here to I feel like death I'd much rather be on the couch right now.

I was dying by the time we finished that sequence and that was just the warm-up.

I mentioned to Randi it was a killer warm-up and Neha said, "THAT, was the warm-up! That wasn't a warm-up!" Ah yes, my sentiments exactly.

Then we got into our sequence for the night. I had requested we work on inner thighs because well frankly I need all the help I can get in that area. My outer thighs are getting toned and muscular from the running but the inner thighs still need some help. Let me just say I'll rethink that choice in the future. 

It was a long 30 minutes of PliƩ squats with weights on top of an arms routine with upright rows, tricep dips, and chest presses down in the squat. Don't worry though in between sets we got a "break", a cardio burst.

Sweet Lord in Heaven how I hate cardio bursts. 

The first burst was burpies with weights then it was X jumps then it was back to burpies followed by plank rows. It got ugly real fast. By the time we were working through our last sequence I was grunting, yelling, panting, and making all sorts of noises that are anything but attractive. I sounded like some kind of wild animal.

Finally we put the weights down and hit the floor. Although we weren't quite finished. Just to make sure we worked all muscles possible we had 2 series of army crunches, lower ab lifts, bicycles, and oblique crunches and by the end my entire body was shaking. 

Then it was full body stretch time. Let me tell you stretching never felt so good. Although my stretching wasn't so much stretching as it was just laying on the floor in a big heap, it felt good regardless.

But just like every class, as beat up as I felt and totally wiped out, I got up off the floor and felt great. I knew I had worked my ass off and I have to say that is what keeps me coming back every time.

I'll be back for more punishment on Thursday.....God help me. :0)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...