Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Reading Race Prep

Hello Friends,

Sorry for the long silence. Life has just been a little rough. But in the meantime of stressing and feeling blue about Violet I have had some time to do some great reading on Runners World.

There is a beginners site that I have been checking out in prep for my first race in 2 weeks! And there are a series of articles called the Newbie Chronicles that I just love.

A couple of my favorites are

Newbie: Survival Training
Newbie: Ready or Not
Newbie: In Good Company
Newbie: The Very First Step

All of the articles are written by Marc Parent and are fabulous. They are hilarious and honest and describe just how difficult running is for those who have just started. If you want to check out the Newbie Chronicles for yourself just click on the article links above or visit the site HERE.

Also in prep for my race I'm going back to basics and just taking it one day at a time. Some days my runs are great other days they are terrible but from what I hear that is just bound to happen the good news is that I'm still out there every day I can and giving it my best effort.

I'm paranoid of my race and I'm terrified I'll be last but I'm trying to ignore that and just remember that I'm lapping everyone on the couch. Paul is even coming to cheer me on and then we are going to go out for breakfast and on a brewery tour afterwards in a town about an hour away from the race. I'm really excited but also nervous. I'm also going to cut out the alcohol in the 2 weeks till the race to help get me in the best shape possible. My celebration will be a beer at the brewery afterwards. :0)

Well that's it for now. Sorry for the short post. More later friends.

Anyone have any good race prep ideas???


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...