Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, July 27, 2012

Nervous Nelly

I am nervous.

I woke up at 1:12am this morning panicking about my race....which is in 8 days.....GULP.

I am so nervous I'll be last, trip, or get lost. I really hope I'm not last.

I'm also nervous because a friend of mine was saying that if I didn't train the whole race distance I wouldn't make it on race day. I had purposely only trained on 2.5 and 2.75 miles because I kept reading that the adrenaline would carry you the last few tenths across the finish.

I was actually feeling pretty good till they told me that. So at 1am I started updating my training log and tried to figure out how I can squeeze more miles in before race day. I'm going to get up early tomorrow and run the trail and try my absolute hardest to finish 3 miles at a moderate pace.

It might be a terrible idea the week before the race but I'll feel a little better about things if I know I can finish it.

I finally managed to get back to sleep around 3am but it wasn't solid sleep. I'm dragging a little at work today but had a couple cups of tea that has been helping.

Not too much new news to report on my end but I'm really looking forward to Race #1. Race #2 is only 3 weeks away and I'm hoping I'll improve from whatever my outcome is on Race 1.

Oh and did I happen to mention I'm considering doing a Half-Marathon? Yeah, that's new news I guess. I'm going to possible do it in December and I"m signing up with a team the next town over from me. The first meeting is coming up in 2 weeks so I'll have a better idea of the training and things after that. I haven't registered for that because I'm still not sure I can manage a Half-Marathon by December but that's why they call them goals right. :0)

OK, well lunch break is now over. More later friends!

 Anyone have any good advice on how to cool my nerves before the race next weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...