Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, July 2, 2012

Week Plan

Happy Monday Everyone,

I'm looking forward to a great week of exercise. It'll be a tough week but I know I can manage it.I have really been noticing a difference in my cardio workouts in terms of getting stronger and being able to do more which feels great. I'm also recovering pretty well after my workouts thanks to the protein shakes and lots of stretching. The one things is the weight hasn't been melting off like I thought it would but I know if I keep my calories in check and continue to workout like I did last week I'll be in great shape for my weigh-in at the end of the month. I've also got some PMS going on right now which is causing some bloating so I'm probably down a little more than I think. Bottom line is I've got a new short-term goal for this month that I'd really like to hit so hopefully if I stay on top of things I'll be in great shape.

For exercise, here is what my week looks like:

Monday - Randi's class
Tuesday - Swim (Endurance Tri)
Wednesday - Run 2.25 (Outside?)
Thursday - Randi's class
Friday - Run 2.25
Saturday - Run 2.25 (Outside)
Sunday - OFF

I'm a little nervous for this schedule this week because having a run following a Randi class can be quite difficult as I found out last Friday but I'm hopefully going to be able to push through it.

Last Friday my run was terrible. My legs and upper body were so sore from HIIT on Thursday night that I swear I could feel every single step I took on the treadmill. I ended up having to tone it down to an interval workout but I was proud I still got the 2.25 in. I've always heard that interval training is really good for you too so I was OK with that but I really need to get my miles up if I'm going to make it through the 5K that's coming up.

I don't particularly like leaving my runs packed together for the end of the week so I may try to do a run on Tuesday night as well as a swim in the morning but I've been missing the pool so I don't want to miss that time either. We'll just have to see how things go but this is the plan so far.

Over the weekend I gave my body some good rest. Saturday I was off and was still active and busy but I didn't run. And Sunday I had a run scheduled but I was so busy, and the weather was terrible, and the gym was closed, so I ended up going for a walk with Paul after dinner instead. It sounds like a lot of excuses for Sunday but my body was still sore so I was glad I took the extra day off. Because of that though, I was one run short last week but I intend to make sure I get them all in this week.

I'm excited to have Wednesday off for the 4th of July and I'm hoping I can get up early and turn in an awesome trail run. I'm going to try to bring my camera this time so I can snap some pictures for you all. It's really pretty so I'll try to bring it with and get some good action shots. My 4th of July goal is a full 2.25 trail run with hills and without stopping. I've been trying to slow down my pace in order to get the distance in which is really the first step when adding in miles so I will have to remember that on Wednesday. I am usually more interested in pace than distance so I have to constantly remind myself to slow down so I don't burn out early. I usually go out fast doing a 9:30 or even 8:30 mile but once I hit mile 1 to 1.5 I'm toast so I will need to take it back a notch and aim for an 11 or even 11:30 mile which seems soooooo slow when you are doing it but I'll need it to last the extra mile. But we'll just have to see. I'm still learning how to control my pace and keep a consistent flow in my run. The first mile when I run outside I tend to be all over the place but once I get past the first mile I usually find a running groove that I can stick with which I'm counting on for Wednesday.

More later friends! Make sure to sign-up for my Healthy Give Away! HERE. I'm extending it till next Monday 7/9/12 so get your entries in!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...