Have any of you ever seen people who ask a question and instead of accepting your response they go around to other people until they hear the answer they want? (Children use this technique with parents a lot....so I'm told). Well I have to hang my head in shame but it was just this weekend that I did the exact same thing.
Call me crazy but I was so annoyed with my weigh-in on Friday that I spent much of the weekend weighing myself on other scales until I got an acceptable response.
I know, I know, I probably got the response from the one that is broken and this surely isn't dignified at all but I finally found one! Paul's parents scale was the winner and it says I weight a whole ten pounds less than my scale at home. THANK YOU! I seriously considered stealing it because if it always things I'm ten pounds lighter that is something to keep around. :0) Yup folks you guessed it it read 203.0 and I did a little stupid dance after I got off. Unfortunately I don't think it's accurate but who cares.
Don't judge but honestly just by seeing that number I was so motivated to get exercise and go to the gym that it helped get me out of my last week's funk and get moving again! And this morning after this, I turned in a stellar workout running faster than last week and feeling good.
But back to the weekend. Everything was pretty average didn't do anything too exciting. Ran errands and things like that but one of the best moments of the weekend was for dinner last night Paul and I each had a Magic Hat Number 9 beer. Check it out if you like beer it has apricot flavors in it and it's awesome. We both love it but don't drink it very often because it's kind of pricey but when we took the bottle caps off. Check it out!
![]() |
| So was not expecting the caps to read "Remember the Dinosaurs" and "Velociraptors never knock on doors" Rock on! |
We both were on the floor laughing we never excepted Dinosaurs to make their way onto our beer caps. For dinner we had some BBQ with baked beans and coleslaw and it was stellar. I didn't feel too bad about indulging in my BBQ either because all I had really had all day was breakfast and about 8 tortilla chips and I got a walk in with Paul and his dog Sarah, honestly the cutest dog and sweetest dog I know....except for Merlin my parents dog of course. (Some older photos of Paul and I and Sarah below!) The one of the left was from Christmas 08 or 09 I'm not sure. But is she not so cute in her little sweater. And the other is from last winter like January or February 2011 at the Lake cuddling up on the couch.
Awwww. Anyway things are back in full swing this morning and I'm off to make this my best week yet! Woo Hoo! Come on weight loss!
Oh and in even better news Step Ahead is finished moving so classes are up and running again and I can't wait to see Randi and Debbie! It's been forever!
Happy Monday friends! Stay tuned this week for more weight loss fun!






No comments:
Post a Comment