Well after my less than energetic post yesterday the rest of my Wednesday went pretty well. Around 10:30 I decided to lift my spirits...and my body temperature up a little....(it was freezing in the office) with some hot chocolate. It wasn't all that great but it was a nice change of pace.
I followed that up with a quick Lean Cuisine for lunch and a little reading from my book.
After lunch I snacked on some Sunflower seeds because I had always heard that they were good for you and good for a snack but.....holy salt batman. I downed two 32 oz water bottles after eating only two hand fulls of them. I finally looked at the label and there was 1,940 mg of sodium! When for a calorie consumption of 2,000 a day the daily allotment is 2,400 mg so you could almost have your entire salt allotment for the day in one tube of sunflower seeds. Horrified at that I threw the rest of the pack away and was glad I only had probably a dozen of them or so. I thought they were too salty myself so I'm glad I didn't eat more.
Anyway after the salty sunflower seeds I continued on with my day and had to work late....and then because it was raining apparently no one knows how to drive in the rain and the bus ride home.....took FOREVER. I usually try not to complain too much about the commute but if your commute is already 2 hours and it increases oh to say 2 and a half or 3......like last night I'm pretty sure it's justified to be a little cranky about it. I was not happy.
Once I finally made it home at the lovely hour of 8:15pm I had no idea what to eat so I ate a small plate full of popcorn shrimp with 1 tbsp of ranch dressing.
It wasn't very good but it worked. It was late when I ate this, (9:35pm), and I probably shouldn't have but it was only 250 calories and I needed a little something else. I finally went to bed feeling kind of mopey still and hoping for a better day today.
So far so good. I had a decent breakfast of honey oats and raisin bran....combined, that wasn't a good idea. It tasted really weird but I ran out of honey oats so I put in the raisin bran to give me a nice bowl of cereal.
Anyway I had a cup of coffee on the bus and listened to some music and am just counting down till the weekend! Hooray! Tonight I'm going to try to make it to Randi's class but with the rain and a commute like last night I have no idea if that is going to happen or not but I"m going for optimism today so I'm going to say Yes, it is possible!
Hope all of you have a great day and cross your fingers that I make it to class tonight!! Till later!







No comments:
Post a Comment