Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pizza, Dinosaurs, Miles, and Sword Fights!

Hello Friends,

Happy Tuesday! (I'm just glad we are now officially one day closer to the weekend). Hope you all had a good afternoon and night last night and had a chance to check out my blog post about a contest you can enter on A Journey to Thin  blog page.Sign up on her blog page for the Thanksgiving 5K and have a chance to win a great healthy prize pack! Good luck!

OK, so my afternoon and night went a little downhill after my blog post because of this and this,
Pasta Salad at Work









Magic Hat when I got home and an even better cap, "Milk a Cow Till it Says 'Wow'"

And then this,
Pepperoni pizza from Costco

It wasn't good. I don't know what my deal is with Pizza these days. I think because it is so fast and easy on busy nights I often succumb to the pizza. Good news this time was I only had 1 2 slices but they were smaller because it was a pre-made pizza that you heat in the oven and the slices are smaller than pizzeria slices. (Yes, that is me trying and failing to justify the pizza eating.)

Then I had good intentions of actually reading my book instead of watching TV (because I was reading an article about how watching a certain amount of TV a day makes you more or less likely to be overweight, The 7 Laws of Leanness Tip 7 ) but then I found this and couldn't help myself.

Jurassic Park!
Jurassic Park, WHAT!!!! It fit right in with my Dinosaur caps from the weekend and, just because I still think that's hilarious, when I saw that Jurassic Park was on I couldn't help myself. That being said I fell asleep about 40 minutes into it and I didn't even get to see the T-Rex scene or the Raptors in the kitchen scene which was so legendary at the time but that's OK; maybe I'll rent it over the weekend and see it again. I remember being scared stiff when I saw it when I was like 10 or something. It was a nice evening nod back to the 90's though and I still think it's great although it's crazy to think how far we have come with special effects in movies now. I was still impressed though for what it was back in '93. Those who know me know it doesn't take a lot for me to like a movie and even after almost 20 years since this was made....wow that is scary to think about.....it's still a classic.

But moving on. Since I was asleep by like 9pm....I know....sad. I was able to get a lot of good sleep and was up and ready to go to the gym at my insane-o-clock and I did awesome! I hit up the treadmill to do a speed test....or well should I say a speed test for me which wasn't all that speedy but that is neither here nor there. I haven't run a straight mile in probably oh......4 years so it was time to give it a go and I nailed it. I will confess I paused the treadmill for 30 seconds at the half-way mark to take a sip of water but then pushed restart and it kicked it back up to running gear. I was aiming for a 10 minute mile and I didn't quite get there but I finished which was really what it was about anyway. I was lucky to be on a treadmill next to a guy who was jogging about the same pace and I actually found that helpful as I played a game in my head to keep up with him which helped me through. Afterward I felt great and have a new goal to aspire to. I'm aiming to get my mile down to ten minutes and keep myself in shape to run a mile straight everyday. Once I'm comfortable with my mile I'm going to slowly add on distance and work up to 5 miles....that is my ultimate goal. Anyway, then I hit the floor for some abs and stretching before hitting the shower.

My reward to myself after a great outing at the gym,
Coffee and Uhtred on the bus! (Ignore my lipstick smear on the cup please.)

Now it's back to work and I'm trying at the moment to search for a healthy snack until lunch as I'm actually kind of hungry. The 1 cup of raisin bran and skim milk didn't cut it this morning but I'm trying to see if I can sneak in some protein so wish me luck. I'm on a hunt for some healthy food!

More tomorrow and check back for a link to the article I was reading about TV. Also don't forget to sign-up for the Thanksgiving 5K virtual contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...