Hello Friends
I'm not sure this is a good trend but it seems that I keep starting my blogs with apologizing for the long absence....must work on that but moving on.
Thanksgiving was fantastic! I wasn't feeling great so I feasted on a small plate of turkey, stuffing, cranberries, and a little helping of green bean casserole. I also might have had a few chips and guacamole too. But to be fair I did the best I could and felt like I didn't over eat which was good. I also didn't stand next to the appetizer table to socialize and drank water up until dinner where I did have a glass of wine so I was pretty happy with my meal and didn't blow all my calories for the day on things like potatoes or bread or crackers.
After Thanksgiving dinner Paul and I went up at the lake and that does partially explain the blogging absence as there is no Internet which is nice for like the first day but then we both wish we could google and check email. Sad how dependent we are in the Internet. That being said we enjoyed some good fire time, reading, and watching the HBO series John Adams. Paul teaches history and his specialty is the French and Indian War and the Revolutionary War so every so often through the series I would pause it and ask questions. I learned a lot and I have to say it was an absolutely phenomenal series. Just watch it.....seriously....watch it.
Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney are absolutely fantastic. The cast is huge and every single one is just remarkable. Plus you learn something about our Founding Fathers and a bit of how our wonderful country was formed.
That being said that is the one issue Paul and I have with watching TV. He always puts on Nat Geo or History channel or Discovery channel and I always want to watch Nick @ Nite or TBS, or Fox and he always says to me, "If we are going to watch TV we should learn something".....gotta love him for that, must be the teacher in him, but sometimes I just need a little of That's 70's Show or Friends or something else like that. We constantly bicker over the remote but for the most part we find things to agree on.
Moving on though the one fantastic bit of my weekend was I FINALLY hit a GOAL!!!! Actually truth be told I flew by it....amazing what happens when you actual eat the way you are supposed to eat. ;0) I hit 209.2 on Thanksgiving morning an man was I in a good mood. I took that reward and Paul and I went to see Immortals on Saturday in 3D.
All I gotta say is it was a little gory. We also saw Conan in 3D back when it came out and this was just as gory if not even more so....which is saying something. There is this one part where the evil king hits one of his army men.....well in the place that men don't want to be hit.....with a giant wooden mallet....and they show it. Both Paul and I were absolutely horrified....him probably more than me but then it was burning people, blood splatter...it was just kind of gross in some parts. That being said....I got to spend about 1:45 minutes staring at this.
And this,
Ahhhhhh.....what was I saying again? Ha. Just kidding.
It was a good movie and I'm glad I saw it but both Paul and I just thought that the violence was a little distasteful and were shocked that it seems the movies nowadays are getting gorier and gorier. (And yes we both realize we sound like 80 year-olds) but it is totally true and felt that the amount of violence was just unnecessary to tell the story. In comparison we watched Gladiator the other night and that was considered gory for it's time back in 2000 and seriously it is a joke compared to Immortals and Conan. All I can say is if blood and torture stuff bother you don't see either Conan or Immortals. But to it's credit the acting was pretty good, the costumes were amazing and the special effects were cool too.
So...how was my virtual 5K you ask???? Hmmmm well truth be told it was nonexistent. Even though I had a stellar weigh in on Thursday morning I had actually been up late the night before sick and nauseous and Thursday was no better. I took about three doses of anti-nausea medicine and at one point I didn't know if I could even make it down to Thanksgiving at Erinn's in the car. I'm not sure whether it was something that I ate or some kind of flu but I was sick for about 2 days and then suddenly felt much better on Saturday so my weekend wasn't totally ruined but the 5K didn't happen. I was bummed out about it so Paul and I made sure to take Sarah for walks and get lots of walking in while up at the lake which we did.
Other than that in sad news I finished The Burning Land the fifth book in my series last night and now have to wait till January for the US release of the next book.....booo. Although I did read on the authors website that apparently there is going to be more Uhtred after the sixth book!!!! Hooray!!! He confirmed that in a year or two there will be more to Uhtred and his adventures. So in January I will have the 6th and then a 7th to look forward to. But for now I'm reading The Egyptologist by Arthur Phillips. It is really intriguing and a lot like a really involved murder mystery and I would definitely recommend it so far but it is a little confusing in the beginning. There are a lot of people and names and family relations that are kind of all over the place that are hard to keep straight in the beginning but other than that I really like it.
Ok, well I better get going but check back in for a bunch of new recipes. I'm going to be adding some new stuff to that page so make sure you look to see if there is anything that looks good. Also, any good healthy recipes are always appreciated and will be added into the recipe page so just let me know.
Till later! PS. Since all the stores think it is officially Christmas I decided that I'd change over my design for winter although it's been about 65 degrees here....weird, but bring on the snow!






No comments:
Post a Comment