Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, May 14, 2012

Birthday Weekend Recap

Well friends I'm officially 27.

Sorry for the delay on posting but there were lots of things going on this weekend. But let's start with a recap of my fantastic birthday.

I woke up on Saturday around 7:30 or so and started to worry about the weigh-in. I just laid in bed thinking about it until it finally got to the point where I just had to get up and do it and move on. So I stripped down and weighed-in. Now before I tell you how I did I had a specific goal in mind that I know I've mentioned to all of you but I tried to remind myself that no matter what the number said it wasn't going to spoil the day or get me down. So I stepped on the scale and slowly looked down to see what the number was. In my head I thought of all the exercise I'd been getting and how good I'd been eating and I was hoping that it would pay off. And you know what......IT DID!

I was only .1 away from my goal an even though I didn't quite make it and was just barely off it still felt like a win for me. I know that I am on the right track and making the right adjustments and I am so close to getting there I know this week I'll hit that first short-term goal and then some. :0) The next goal is set for the end of the month and I know I'm on my way. All the work I've been doing is paying off and that in itself is something worth celebrating.

So after my weigh-in Paul and I had coffee and Carcassonne in bed. Carcassonne is a board game that we became addicted to and Paul got for his iPad so we played 2 games worth while sipping coffee and I got my birthday card from Paul. Paul and I always try to find funny and outrageous cards and the one he found was perfect. Then he told me he had a surprise for me and that we needed to get cleaned up because we had to run some errands. I wasn't 100% sure what he was thinking until we got in the car and he told me he'd been considering getting me a parakeet for my birthday but wanted me to pick out which one I wanted.

For those of you who don't know Paul and I LOVE animals and when Paul's finch died we had discussed the possibility of getting another bird. So as my gift he let me pick out a parakeet. 
Meet Mr. Bird.
He is so far unnamed but is the cutest addition to the family. Parakeets can be tamed to sit on your finger and sing and things so we are excited to start working with him. He's very young and very small probably not even an ounce but he is super sweet. Which brings the total of our animals to 1 rabbit, 1 canary, 1 parakeet, and fish. I know it seems like a lot of animals but we LOVE them and they are so easy to care for and it makes it all the more fun.

Before we landed on this sweet guy we went to 3 different bird stores but we both fell in love with him. He's also the prettiest color turquoise with a yellow and black striped head. Awwww. Paul and I always grew up with animals. When I was a kid we had hamsters, fish, a dog, and hermit crabs and Paul had pets as well so we are both so glad to have pets of our own now.

Anyway so once we picked out this cutie pie we got him home, set up the cage and spent some time with him. It's really important to spend time with your parakeet so it gets used to your voice etc. and so far he is extremely brave and we think will be easy to tame. So we just sat with him for a while before getting ready to go to dinner with Paul's parents.

I had been good all week and all day before dinner so I got whatever I wanted and surprisingly picked a reasonably healthy dish. I got grilled salmon over onions and spinach in a broth. It was delicious. I also tried a new drink called a Kentucky Old Fashioned which had bourbon, crushed strawberries, lemon juice, and maple syrup in it. It was different but tasty. It was also really strong so one was plenty. We also shared a couple appetizers which I had a couple bites of each but didn't over do it. After dinner Paul took me for some dessert to round off the best birthday ever! We went to Coldstone and I had vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles....a classic Dana favorite. 

Once we got home we spent some more time with Mr. Keet and then went to bed early.

Yesterday was more time spent with family and thanking all the mothers for all that they do. We had a great day outside in the sun and came home and went to bed early.

This morning I'm having trouble getting started and surprisingly am still a little tired even though I slept forever but I'm ready for a great week of new goals and continuing my progress. I'll also keep you posted with details about Mr. Keet and once we land on a name I'll be sure to share it. Hope you all have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...