Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Making Adjustments

Well I'm doing well with my new commitments to eat well and work out for 30 minutes minimum as many days a week as possible but a minimum of 4 days.

I'm really feeling energetic and reminding myself that the number on the scale doesn't mean everything. I have defined goals that I want to meet but I also know how I feel about myself is almost, if not more important than the number and even how others think I look. (I tend to try to people please and look for acceptance in other people while not making ME happy so I'm working on that too.)

That being said, I'm trying to not weigh myself on the scale until my birthday. I tend to weigh myself too much and sometimes weigh myself multiple times a day which leads to fluctuations on the scale which are normal but I find frustrating so I'm going back to weighing-in less and see where I land on my birthday. That's not to say I'm not going to weigh myself because it is good to know where you are and how you're doing but I am measuring it these days by how my clothes feel, new notches punched on my belt etc. I actually love being able to punch a new whole in my belt because while my weight has kind of stayed the same for a while being able to tighten my belt feels sooooo good to do! I just remind myself that even though I'm not seeing drastic changes in the number being able to cinch-up the belt is a sign that I'm toning....and in the right places too. ;0)

Oh and speaking of weight and weighing-in etc. I suddenly realized that just as a coincidence every time I have a monthly weigh-in I have my period and am usually retaining water and feeling terrible so I have decided to move the monthly weigh-ins to the middle of the month instead to get a more accurate reading. I tend to hold A LOT of water when I have my period. I actually was measured once on a fancy scale and at one point I was retaining up to 5.5 pounds of water! Is that even possible? Apparently for me it is so that's why I'm shifting my weigh-ins to see where I am right smack in the middle of my cycle and not during my PMSing, water retaining, psycho week. Seriously it's gotten bad lately, poor Paul, my mood swings can be pretty nasty.

In terms of other changes and adjustments I'm excited about my first short term goal but I'm also working on having a maintainable balance between reaching my goals and remembering to LIVE and not miss out on life. While I am not where I want to be today, I know it's a process and I am not going to miss out on life while I work to get to my goal. :0)

I think this weekend I'm going to go shopping for some new shoes or talk to someone at a running store about shoes. Last night I got in a run outside which went actually pretty well my hip feels good today and I really concentrated on not landing so hard on my left side and ran up on my toes more. It was harder on my quads and my knee took more of the force but my hip and even my knee feels great this morning and that is a good thing. Usually after my runs I could barely walk because my hip would just ache but yesterday I actually felt great!

Tonight I'm going to try a different running route when I get home and hopefully the rain will hold off but I'll just bring a jacket with. I'm going to do a trail run which for the most part, except for a few places where you run over the street, it's pretty flat so I'm going to give it a go instead of the hill run again. I have a feeling running flat I'll surprise myself with how well I do. But I'll just take it slow and steady and walk if I need to when I need to.

That's all for today. Oh and if anyone is interested one of my favorite bloggers Caitlin Boyle just released her second book. I downloaded it on my iPad and have been really enjoying it. It's called Healthy Tipping Point, also the name of her blog. Check out the details here. 

Later everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...