Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, May 4, 2012

Fabulous Friday!

Hello everyone,

I am off to a great start this morning. For starters I didn't bail on my early AM workout. I'd call that progress! And I've been eating sensible today. So far so good.

Today I really really really wanted to swim, so I did. I got up early and headed to the pool for some laps. It was great. I got in 35 solid minutes and only took short breaks for a minute or so between each item on my workout list. I tried to work myself hard too because I find you can kind of half-ass swimming if you don't push yourself so I usually gauge how hard I'm working on my breath.Today I turned in a good routine.

Here's what I did.

200 - WU Swim
5 X 150's - 100 Pull, 50 Swim, 15 sec. rest between sets
100 - Kick 
5 X 100's - Swim, 15 sec. rest between sets
25 - CD Swim

So all that adds up to 58 laps in 35 minutes.....that's really not so bad considering the first 5 X 150's are primarily drill. I was hoping to hit a mile which is around 72 laps but hey, it's a couple more laps than the last time in less time so I'll take it. 

Oh and by the way I meant to post about my run the other night.....I think it was Wednesday night and I managed a good run. I didn't push too hard on the hills to help my hip but took it nice and slow and worked on running on my toes more in stead of pounding down so hard on my heels which I think is partially why my hip has been aching. I did 1.6 in 19 minutes with an average pace of 13:13 and a max pace of 9:13 so all-in-all I was pleased with that.

But like I said the other day right now I'm just concentrating on eating better and getting the exercise in. This week I've done 3 days of exercise since Monday and I'm hoping to exercise tomorrow by hiking with Paul, although it's supposed to rain so we'll see, and I'm definitely going to hit up some exercise on Sunday because Paul has to work so I'll have PLENTY of time to get some exercise in. ;0) I'm thinking an afternoon trail run and maybe some yoga or ab work after. That sounds good to me.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...