I'm tired. Seriously T-I-R-E-D. (Thought I'd add in the dashes for dramatic effect.) ;0)
Last night was ridiculous. I honestly don't think I've ever sweat so much. Seriously, ever.
As I drove to class last night I was feeling kind of
Everything was going just as planned until we started laying out the equipment. All the sudden the easier workout I thought we'd be doing was looking tougher and tougher. Just after we got through laying out each circuit item Randi said, "Oh and by the way, since we want to keep our heart rates up you will alternate between the treadmill and the circuit options. And the treadmill should be a sprint or as fast as possible."
"Oh holy s**t, nice going Dana" I thought.
It was ridiculous. I certainly wasn't in any fear of not working hard or my heart rate dropping that's for sure.
Just to give you an example, my face was so red when class ended that Neha actually asked me if I was OK and jokingly asked if I was having a heart attack. Yeah, my face was heart attack red apparently. Good news is no I didn't have a heart attack but that is the LAST time I suggest a circuit workout.
So here is what we did. One of the circuit items below for 1 minute and then running on the treadmill for a 1 minute run/sprint. We had to complete each circuit item listed below but we could go in any order we wanted. The list below is the order I did.
Circuit
Bicep curls with 15's
Squat hops sideways with a shoulder press with a 4 pound medicine ball
Rocking planks on the Bosu
Heel clicks on the ball
10 pound front flys
Push-ups
Lashing
16 pound medicine ball squat lift and throw down (I'm not 100% sure if this weight is accurate but I think this is what Randi said it was)
12 pound medicine ball side twist toss (I'm not 100% sure if this weight is accurate but I think this is what Randi said it was)
Plank with a weighted row
Planked running men and side slides on plates
Tricep dips
I'm pretty sure somewhere in the world this is considered torture.
I have never sweat so much in my ENTIRE LIFE.
It was stupid difficult especially with the treadmill intervals. Things like the running men or lashing get your heart rate up and to then have to jump on the treadmill and sprint, it seemed impossible. But even with all the sweating and panting I managed to get through it.
To sum up it was 24 minutes of pure hell with 1 water break and then we hit the floor for abs and stretching.
I had to literally peel myself off the floor after we finished and dragged myself out to the car. I got home and I just stood for a second looking at the front stairs of my apartment and sighed, I was so exhausted I could barely bring myself to climb the short two flights of stairs to my apartment. I managed though, although I did consider just sitting on the stairs for a while, and immediately jumped in the shower to cool down. After my very long shower I had some dinner. I wasn't super hungry but Paul had made dinner earlier and heated some up for me. It was good. It was a simply ground turkey, noodle dish but it was total bliss. Food tastes so much better after you worked your ass off for it.
I sat and played with bun and Wyatt for a little while and then collapsed on the couch and watched a little TV. Paul had gotten us this awesome 80's movie on Netflix so we watched that. It was called Youngblood and it was totally awesome. It was super super 80's with Rob Lowe and Patrick Swayze and it was kind entertaining but kind of weird in parts. Paul was educating me about how Rob Lowe was a big deal in the 80's and every girl was in love with him....I guess I was still too young at that point because I had no idea who Rob Lowe was until like 3 months ago. He was a fox back then though so I get it.
![]() |
| Source |
I'll also ALWAYS have a soft spot for Patrick Swayze. LOVE him. I've seen him in a bunch of movies and of course in Dirty Dancing and what girl doesn't LOVE that movie. But anyway we had fun with that last night.
Once it was over we both turned in for the night. Right before bed though we had to turn the AC on because it was raining cats and dogs and so we had to shut the windows and it was super stuffy in the house but once the apartment cooled down I slept like a baby....until 5:10am that is.
Ugh. I'm a morning person and all but really 5:10 why....seriously why. I don't even know some times. I got up though and got my suit on and my gym bag packed. I got to the pool and was pleasantly surprised because it was super empty and I had a lane to myself again. I must have timed it perfectly because by the time I left all the lanes were doubled up.
Today's workout was one from a Triathlon swim workout book that I've had for a while. I've been considering a sprint Aquathlon lately which is a 750 meter swim and a 5K run. Could be cool. Anyway I decided I needed to work on my endurance and try for longer swims. I usually do series of 100's, 150's, or sometimes 200's but usually I stick to 100's. So I decided I'd tackle an endurance workout in the book. It was a ladder. When I started I felt great in the pool but I will admit I had forgotten how much ladders suck.
A ladder workout is typically where you go up to a certain amount and laps and then come back down. This ladder was a little different because you started with the longest and went down but did 2 sets. It looked like this,
200 WU
Ladder 1 - 300 SW, 200 SW, 100 SW (20 sec. rest between)
Ladder 2 - 200 SW, 100 SW, 50 SW (25 sec. rest between)
100 CD
I managed this in 25 minutes which I was pretty proud of but I felt slow by the end. I felt like I was swimming in mud. But 50 laps in 25 minutes.....heck yeah! I'll take it.
Who knows maybe an Aquathon would be a good idea. I'm not sure I really have an interest in a Tri or even a sprint Tri because I'm terrible at biking and haven't even owned a bike or been on a bike in years. But swimming and running sounds like it could be cool. Problem is there aren't very many Aquathlons out there and of course they are all across the country in Texas, Colorado, or somewhere so not sure I can really invest in that at this point but I might look into a sprint Tri. Who knows.
In weight news I'm trying for another pound loss this week so I'm going to keep my exercise up. I didn't eat very well on the weekend because of Mother's Day and my birthday and I ate poorly on Monday so I'm trying to get back to healthy eating and good workouts. Tomorrow I have class on the docket and Friday is another swim, or maybe a run, or both, who knows, we'll see what I'm feeling.
OK better get to it! Later friends!

_poster.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment