So as I've been pondering my weight loss journey and my recent birthday, I was thinking of my goals and all that I've learned and I thought I'd share some of my wisdom with you all. I suppose wisdom is based on opinion but I think these are pretty good. :0)
1. Consistency is important - Even if you have a bad day, the more consistent you are with eating well and exercising will out weigh (pun intended) the bad days.
2. Be honest with yourself - Lying about what you ate or not being realistic with how much you ate or whether you really got any exercise only hurts you in the end.
3. Get your head in the game - Spend time to explore yourself and the reasons you are doing this. You have to get your head in the game for any real change to happen. If your head isn't in it the changes won't happen.
4. Temptations are hard so take them out of the equation - If you can't bare to pass up ice cream in the fridge or chips in the cupboard do yourself a favor and GET RID OF THEM. Instead of testing your willpower on a daily basis don't even give yourself the temptations in the first place and cut them out. For example, I still can not be trusted with pasta. Seriously.....I can't and I know that about myself so I don't keep it in the house anymore. It's a lot easier to win the battle at the grocery store than on your home turf in the cupboard.
5. Forgiveness is KEY - Learn to be kind to yourself. If you have a piece of pizza on the weekend don't beat yourself up just eat 1 slice, enjoy it, and move on. Same idea for exercise too. If you miss a day of exercise, don't berate yourself but remember to make the next day a better one. You need to be kind to yourself because being hard on yourself or being negative will not inspire you at all. Just remember, you're human, pizza is good, and sometimes you miss a day of exercise and you know what.....in the big picture it is really OK.
Stay tuned for more later!

No comments:
Post a Comment