This morning was a perfect example of a morning where even though I knew I'd feel good if I exercised, I simply didn't want to. But as part of my Healthy Tipping Point journey I noticed that today and last night when I had those feelings for the first time I didn't give in to them and I went and exercised anyway.
I tried to reason with myself this morning at 5:10 when the alarm went off that I would work out tonight by doing a run or something but it's Friday and I knew deep down I was lying. So after stewing for 5 minutes I reluctantly got up, put my suit on, and headed out the door. I was tired. I was basically a walking zombie with really bad bed head. Once I got to the gym I grabbed a locker and headed to the pool deck. I jumped in and actually lucked out with a lane to myself and swam. I can't even tell you how many laps I did because I lost count around 28. I'm going to guess between 40-50 but I have no idea. I can typically hit around 52-58 laps in 30 minutes but I felt a little slower in the pool today so I'm not sure what I got in so I'll guess around 45 or so. I kept reminding myself though that I made a healthy decision to get some exercise versus no exercise at all and it's OK if I wasn't at my best speed and went a little slower. Big picture was I got in the pool and did a 30 minute workout.
![]() |
| Source |
Speaking of enjoying exercise, I DID NOT enjoy last night's class with Randi, (no hard feelings Randi but it was crazy hard). ;0)
We did a tough workout on the steps with core balls. Since last night I have though about setting fire to the core balls. Seriously.....I'm going to burn them. They suck.
![]() |
| Source |
We used them in a series of different things. The first set of exercises were squats with the ball and then squats with a front raise. The trick is to not let them swing so you have control over your upper body while you are squatting. Then we did a one legged squat to a knee-up on the step with a core ball twist. I forget what Randi called it and I'm not even sure how to explain it but it was tough. Then we did some controlled bicep curls.
From there we did back leg lunges off the step with a knee-up into the step and pushing the core ball up in a shoulder press. Again, I apologize for the descriptions it's hard to explain what we did. After that we did rows and reverse flys. I was pretty happy with how I did but towards the end I had to drop down from a 12 pound ball to a 10 because I could hardly do the reverse fly with the 12 and even the 10 was difficult.
Once we finished the sets on both legs Neha and I were exhausted and I actually skipped the stretch and abs to get home. Paul was cooking dinner and I didn't want to keep him waiting. Or perhaps it had more to do with the fact that I didn't want to do abs. :0)
Since it's Friday I've been reviewing my week in calories and exercise and I am so proud of myself this week for all the exercise I've been getting. When it was humid out on Wednesday and I didn't want to run, I still ran anyway. When I was tired last night and wanted to watch TV and skip class, I still went anyway. When I was tired this morning and wanted to sleep, I got up and went to the pool anyway. I know it may seem like it isn't that big of a deal but going from not being a regular worker-outer to working out even when I don't want to is a HUGE improvement. I have a new found motivation, determination, and drive moving me this time.I think I have finally reached my Healthy Tipping Point. I really think a lot of weight-loss is mental. If your mind isn't on board you'll never succeed but as soon as your head gets on board with the changes you are making to your diet and exercise you will be successful. That's my theory anyway. I've been struggling since December of 2010 and I finally think I'm on the right path to success because my body, mind, and soul are all on board this time.
For those of you who don't know, tomorrow is a big day for me as I turn the big 2-7. Ugh, I'm feeling old....which is not the point at all but in addition to birthday celebrations I am going to face the music on the scale and hopefully hit my first short-term goal.
![]() |
| Source |
However, that being said if I don't hit my goal I am not going to let it bother me because being healthy is more than a number on a scale and the decisions I'm making about adding in more fruits and veggies to my diet and getting lots of healthy exercise is more important right now as I work towards a healthy lifestyle. I'm really really really really really really hoping that I hit my goal tomorrow morning but I know what I'm doing is working and I am feeling great about myself and the changes I'm making which I will try hard to keep in mind when I get up on that scale tomorrow.
So with that I'll weigh-in at 27 years old and see if my hard work has been paying off. I did weigh-in after work yesterday....(I shouldn't have done that since I had on a t-shirt, dress, and sweater on).....to see where I was and I was pretty pleased. If you believe what people say, clothes can add between 1-3 pounds. If that's true I'm right on track. I'm close. I can feel it and I'm hopefully going to get there tomorrow. Oh and in the spirit of being healthy I'm going to make some coconut peanut butter oatmeal cookies instead of having cake. I found the recipe on one of my favorite bloggers sites and they look delicious. I'll make sure to post pictures when I make them. :0)
So here's to a great weigh-in tomorrow! Have a great Friday everyone!




No comments:
Post a Comment