Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Awesome Exercise Dana = 1 Lazy Dana = 0

Wow!

Finally, a day where one bad choice doesn't lead to another bad choice. But I will get to that in a minute.

Today started out great I was full of energy and super pumped for my client meeting in Princeton which went amazing...just in case you were wondering. It is always nice when the client decides that your work is great. (Big sigh of relief).

By morning I decided last minute it was more important to prep for the meeting than cram a quicky workout in so I had a smart healthy breakfast of coffee, a banana, water, and a breakfast lean pocket. Then I took my time getting ready and headed down to Princeton which is about an hour drive.
By the way there is officially nothing cuter than owl mugs. This one is from my sister that I got for Christmas. I also got a set of owl plates to match a pair of other owl mugs that I have. One word....amazing.
Once I got down to Princeton I picked-up my co-worker at the train station and headed over to the meeting. It was fabulous. They loved my writing and content development and actually said they couldn't wait to see what else I brought them. YESSSSS! Win number 2 of the day (I'm counting my healthy breakfast as win 1)

So of course after our meeting what is a girl to do but celebrate right???? Well I even played it cool then and decided I would crank up my favorite running music in the car and munch on a nutrigrain bar until I got home where I could have a proper lunch.....and here folks is where Fail number 1 happened.

I did great until I got home, but by then it was 1:30 and I hadn't eaten since about 12:30 when I snacked on my nutrigrain bar and breakfast was at 7am so I was hungry....VERY hungry. I'm not quite sure where I went wrong but I ended up eating leftovers for lunch....TWO plates full. EPIC FAIL!

I continued working from home the rest of the day and I felt guilty all afternoon so when 5pm rolled around I kept trying to muster the strength to get up off the couch and go for a run.....trust me this was EXTREMELY difficult. But I finally somehow....I don't really even know how...I got up, put on my clothes and shoes, and found the motivation to do a 2.2 mile run.

Granted it wasn't the best run of my life but I managed to knock out a hill run. I won't lie, it kind of sucked, but I did managed to run up and down the first hill and then walk up, run down the second and finally walk the last .25 miles back to my apartment. Not great but considering the other option was watching How I Met Your Mother on the couch with a glass of wine I am considering this a HUGE win. (Win 3)

After my run, Paul was still at work so instead of getting a big hug from him and lots of encouragement, like I am used to, I had to look to myself for that so I gave myself some love.
Come one you know I look mad SEXY in my baggy sweatshirt, ski hat, and reflective vest. Pretty stellar if you ask me.

After I took a shower and cooled down I decided I was really thirsty and a little hungry so I opted to cut up the Honeydew melon I just bought. By the way, does anyone know how you are supposed to cut these things up? I was completely lost. The good news was it was super super juicy so I actually at one point held up the half melon to my lips and drank the melon juice and it was GOOD.
I have no idea how you are technically supposed to do this and I don't have one of those melon baller things so in the end I just grabbed a tablespoon and scooped out big chunks and put it in some Tupperware, well the pieces that are left anyway. I think I ate about 15 pieces while I was standing there cutting it up. But I figure it isn't cheese doodles so even though healthy food has calories too at least this was a win for eating something healthy.

As the rest of my night, I think a little stretching, maybe some dinner, but truth be told I ate so much at lunch and then the melon, I might just skip it and get my bag ready for a workout tomorrow. :0)

All-in-all my biggest win of the day was simply not letting myself give up because I had one bad meal and instead of feeling bad about it I got off the couch and got some exercise. I think that was a monumental step for me to realize that every so often sh*t happens and you eat poorly or miss a workout but doing 1 bad things doesn't mean you loose your entire day. It just means the next set of decisions you make should be healthy ones. I'm so motivated right now that I'm not even going to worry about today's lunch but instead focus on tomorrow and making more healthy decisions.

I hope you all had a great day and I will see you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...