Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dinner Danger Zone

What is it about dinner that makes people over eat? I have no idea and fall victim to this myself time after time.

Anyone else struggle with this???

Take last night for example. It was a long day of eating healthy and feeling good. I reorganized my rewards got psyched about my next run and read some of my favorite healthy living blogs. The problem was both Paul and I were home late and tired and there was no food in the fridge which meant it was pizza for dinner. And even though I told myself I was going to exercise control, control went out the window as I managed to sit down and eat not 1, not 2, but 3 slices of pizza and a beer....scratch that 2 beers. Now granted they were light beers so together they were only 120 calories but DANG IT!!! I worked hard all day for those calories in my mouth and I ended up going to bed extremely upset that in the last few hours of the day I BLEW IT!! Plus I also went to bed feeling a little sick because I had 3 slices of pizza and 2 beers. Dana and grease are not on good terms. But why did I do that? I'm determined in meeting my goal but I can't seem to shake the danger zone of dinner.

Over the course of my life...all 26 years of it....somehow I have always made dinner my largest meal of the day. There is something about dinner that I can't escape sitting down and eating WAY MORE THAN I ACTUALLY NEED! Half the time, by the time I actually get something cooked and sit down to eat it is after 8pm and I don't actually want it. I don't know why but there is some kind of weird mental block in my head that clicks in at dinner time and I can chow-down way more calories than I actually need. Even on the days when I actually am hungry for dinner I go overboard.

Hence the reason I have renamed dinner the Danger Zone. For me I need to have some kind of alarm that sounds and lights blaring like "DANGER!" "DANGER!" hmmmm....I might have to look into that. Or some kind of cool laser path that I have to get through to get to the meal. Like the one in Ocean's 12! 
(See the youtube link below to watch it!)
Image taken from YouTube
Pretty much awesome, right! Anyway I'm hoping that tonight I manage my meals better. Today during the day was pretty good. I had a great hot meal for breakfast and some coffee (still without sugar) and then a salad from Cosi today for lunch. It was their Shanghai Chicken Salad for 319 calories which I was very pleased with. It was delicious.

Tonight is a chicken dish that Paul is cooking so please please please cross your fingers that I don't fall into the same dinner Danger Zone that I did from last night. I was so upset from last nights dinner that it put off my whole day today first by skipping my workout this morning and then by just being in a pessimistic grumpy  mood all day. I'm switching around my schedule right now as I type so I'm going to hit up my run tomorrow morning. I'll also take Sunday as a workout day to make up for me missing today. Flexibility is key.But home is next on the agenda where I plan on having a healthy and appropriately sized meal.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...