Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Updates to Goals and Rewards

Hello friends,

As you may or may not have noticed I have updated my goals and rewards tab. I suddenly realized last night that perhaps taking a tropical vacation to celebrate my weight loss goal wasn't really a very realistic reward....aka....I can't actually afford a tropical vacation at the moment. But one of things that I found online the other day is a GORGEOUS dress. Before I give you the details, this dress would be a BIG deal as it's price tag is almost how much I pay in rent and I'm sure more expensive than most wedding gowns.

It costs A LOT. But it is WAY cheaper than a tropical vacation plus I felt that what better way to celebrate my weight loss goal than having a great dress to show off my hard work.


Here it is!

You can check out the dress at Bergdorf Goodman. (Yeah the dress is really that expensive). But I have decided that this has been such a monumental experience that it deserves a great reward and I'll always then be able to look at the dress and know what I worked so hard for.
If you are interested check out the details here,
Lela Rose Black Lace Dress

Gorgeous right! The idea is that for my goal celebration I would wear the dress and Paul and I would go out for dinner together somewhere fancy.  I am so excited already!!! I'm determined to wear the hell out of that dress!

Also you may have noticed that one of my other goals had been to take a vacation and hike in Vermont but again because money is tight at the moment it is now changed to just take a vacation somewhere to hike. Paul and I have talked about doing a portion of the Appalachian Trial so we may take a couple days and do that or something similar. Maybe just a local hike if the cost of the trip is more in line with our finances.

I don't know whether it is the running/training plan that has me  more reliable with my eating and working out but I am determined to make this happen for myself. I think some of it might be that I am more organized. I now have an exercise plan that I can stick to and something to work towards. I also am allowing for rest on Sundays and working my way up slowly to my goals. I just feel like finally things are lining up and I am taking a step towards reaching my goals.

I know that I have been at this for over a year with no luck but I feel like I just needed to find the determination and motivation and I think it has finally arrived. I know I am only in week 1of my plan but I am so ready to better myself and more determined than ever to reach these goals. I know I can do this and now with vacation hikes, black dresses, and other rewards to look forward to I can't wait!

Friday is my next weigh-in and while it may not be terrific or a total win I am making myself accountable and I'm finally in this for the long haul. The weight will come off, I know it will, I just need an exercise plan and diet to stick to and friends.....I think I have found that plan. :0)

Here's to a great run tomorrow and an even better weigh-in this weekend! Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...