Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, January 13, 2012

Superfeet or Super-Blistered-Feet?

This is my post from yesterday that I forgot to hit publish on.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday 1/12/12

I'm not even going to bother with an introduction to today's post. All you need to know is, it's NOT going well.

Today is off to a bit of a rocky start. Between blisters on my feet from my so called "Superfeet", everything being soaking wet from the rain, and being late for work and missing a morning meeting, it has been rather difficult keeping myself positive.

But....I have so far not succumb to the usual, I'm in a bad mood Dana pattern of eating everything in sight. This time I have been able to stick to my diet with a lean pocket breakfast and my water bottle. Quick, easy, and satisfying. I've also got a nutrigrain bar and banana on deck in case I need a late morning munchy.
After breakfast and before a meeting, I had a glorious cup of Earl Grey tea with Sugar in the Raw and then headed downtown on the subway to go to a meeting. Luckily the rain had let up a little but I was still a little grumpy. I took the subway with my co-worker Laurie and made some healthy decisions by standing on the subway and then standing in the back during the meeting. It was about 45 minutes and I leaned a little on the banister in front of me but I thought it was better than sitting. Then it was back to my office uptown but first Laurie and I grabbed a little lunch. I was kind of cold because everything was wet from the rain so I grabbed some vegetable noodle soup. It was....well vegetably...(that's a word right?). It wasn't terrible but it was just super super bland. There was no real flavor. I only had about 1/4 cup and then threw the rest out. I also had a small turkey and swiss sandwich on a whole wheat roll with sweet and hot mustard. Delicious!

After a while I got a diet pepsi and then had my nutrigrain bar as a snack. Then I grabbed another tea and sugar in the raw to warm up again.

My workout was pretty good this morning considering my feet were screaming almost the entire time. I guess from last nights run and then less than 12 hours later I went for another run my feet decided to abandon ship....or foot and I have two nice and red, puffy, and extremely sensitive blisters from the new Superfeet insoles in my new running shoes. I got the Superfeet because I like the arch support but my feet need to get used to that. It's also hard to get used to them on top of new shoes in general. Over Christmas my dad and I went to pick out new running shoes which I desperately needed and I landed on these. They felt great in the store with the Superfeet in them but the Superfeet that they had were clearly well worn in and mine aren't yet. I will just have to be patient and get used to them but for the time being my feet hurt.



 I have blisters right on the arches on each my feet. Even with the blisters though I managed to do a fair job on my walk/jog and really pushed through the pain. I had to laugh though because as I was running in my head I was thinking ......ouch....ouch....wow....these....hurt....ouch....ouch.....ouch as each foot hit the treadmill. The worse part was I had decided to wear heels to work and since I go from the gym in the morning straight to the bus to work I couldn't run home and grab different shoes so my feet just hurt pretty much all day. And this was the pretty picture I got to come home and look at.

 One word = Ouch.

But regardless of the feet hurting and the rain I managed to keep my spirits up by doing some work on my blog on my lunch break. I've been doing some experimenting with placements and putting up some motivational statements etc. I think it helps to make me feel good. I like reading back about great days of exercise and looking at my goals. It really is motivational to have the blog. Especially a blog I can get excited about. I put up some of the Free posters you can download from Fitbie so you'll have to check them out. I don't know about you but I love the Fitbie site. I always check in there a few times a day to see what new articles they have up. It's great. I also checked in with two of my Favorite blogs. Healthy Berg and Runs for Cookies. Runs for Cookies is soooo inspiring as she lost over 100 pounds and has kept it off. She is truly an inspiration plus she has even been featured on the Dr. Oz show! How cool is that!

I am doing so much better since the New Year and my Delirium inspired Revelation. I don't know what it was that caused this but man did it get me to pay attention to the things I need and want and how to make sure this weight loss is a success. I know you are probably wondering what I was doing for the last year since I only managed to loose about 25 pounds in a year but I did learn a lot about what works and what doesn't. Classes I enjoy, exercise I enjoy. What I like to have as treats. Understanding what my favorite fruits and vegetables are etc. I know the rest of 2012 is going to be a success. OK friends well I'm absolutely exhausted so it's time for bed. More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...