Hello friends,
Sorry but this will be a short post today, as I am just an hour or so away from leaving for the Poconoe mountains. Paul and I go up on the weekends that we can to hike, be outside, build fires, camp, and when it's warm, be in the lake. Of course it's winter so there won't be any lake time but we are planning our first ever winter hike. And this should be VERY interesting. It says the high's for the weekend are around 20 degrees so we have packed up all our gear and have hats, mittens, thermals, etc. to keep us warm on our hike. We are thinking of doing about a 5 miler which should take us about 2.5 hours.
All I know is I need it. After a day like today it hasn't been pretty for me. I decided because Paul and I plan on hiking this weekend that I would rest my feet today, also rest my feet from the blisters, but instead of scratching exercise and continuing to follow my eating plan I seriously derailed. I indulged in a corn-beef hash and eggs breakfast and then had a frozen french bread pizza slice for lunch. Followed by a cookie. :0( Not good. I'm a little....scratch that.....a lot disappointed with myself and my eating today but I am keeping my momentum up and making sure that this weekend I make better and smarter decisions.) I am also forcing myself to hike, or walk, or run, or get some kind of exercise each day I'm away.
The one thing I did notice is that I am NOT reliable when I'm at home working so next week I might go to the library and "work from home" there instead where I'm not 5 steps away from my kitchen. Too many temptations in the kitchen. :0)
OK, well I better get everything loaded into the car. Wish me luck and I will be sure to document our adventures this weekend. Look for my Monday night recap on the weekend! Hope you all have a good one!

No comments:
Post a Comment