Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Run and Done

Morning glorious friends!

(I always love saying that....don't know why....it's just kind of funny I guess.) OK moving on now. Anyway I wish my morning had started gloriously (I think I just made this word up) it started at 5:15 am with a trip to the gym but before I left home I wanted to upload some new songs to my iPod. I had downloaded them to my computer but not uploaded them to the iPod so I booted up my machine and queue the EPIC failure music. I didn't quite see the blue screen of death but it might as well have been. It reverted back to the original setting that I bought it with 5 years ago so EVERYTHING was gone. I. WAS. PISSED. That isn't even the right word to describe the balls of flames coming out of my eyes and ears. It should have been so simple and I was sooooo irritated but I knew I wanted to get a run in at the gym so I just left the computer the way it was and decided to deal with it later.

I finally made it out the door and in the car and when I turned it on I realized. I have no gas. As in NO GAS. The light was on and it told me I had only about 10 miles. Well FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC. I was so annoyed because I didn't want to buy gas down the street from my house because it is super super expensive so I had to drive out of my way to get to a cheaper station and then go to the "sister gym" in another town. The gym I go to is a YMCA which has 3 locations that you can use if you are a member so I had to head to the one in another town. That wasn't so bad I guess but by the time I filled up the tank and was finally really on my way to the gym it was already 6am and I knew I had to leave the gym by no later than 6:40 so I was annoyed.

But, good news was I think I used the anger I felt from my morning in my run because I did great. I did .25 warm-up walk followed by a mile run, then a quick sip of water and another .75 run and a .25 cool-down walk. I got it done in 25-ish minutes. I was proud with my pace and the one thing I noticed was my breathing was really in control today. I never really felt out of breath. My muscles began to fatigue and get tired by I guess cardiovascuarly (pretty sure I just made that word up too) I really felt almost good. Based on my breath I felt like I should be able to go longer or do more but I didn't want to over do it. I have a tendency to go too hard when I start a new training plan so I jumped off and did a little stretch and bolted out of there so I could get home and get ready.

I showered up quick, made some blueberry oatmeal along with a small bowl of cottage cheese and raisins, and worked on my computer while I ate. Good news is after restarting it a bunch of times it seems to be back to normal and working with all my files back but tonight I'm going to start backing up my files on my external hard drive and start looking for a new laptop. It is so finicky right now that I'm afraid to use it and lose everything so I think it's time for a new one. It is 5 years old and I've honestly had problems with it for a long time and have taken it to two different people to fix and neither could figure out what was up with it. I think it's just possessed so it's time for a new one. That is also partly why I haven't posted pictures in my posts for a while....it's honestly because my computer scares me and I don't want to lose the pictures and everything else on it.  But I am going to try to remedy that soon.

Oh and then on my way to work this d-bag in a fancy sports car almost got me killed because he was being an asshole and came within an inch of my front bumper. He came flying up behind a truck in the slow lane and cut me off in the fast lane to go around the truck and literally just missed my bumper. He did all of this while going around a curve as well. Asshole. I wanted to flip him the bird and honk but I was so shocked someone could be that freakin stupid that it didn't occur to me to do it until he was long gone. He was probably going over 90.....seriously.....A-hole. But good news is he didn't hit me; I'm fine; made it to work fine; but just a little annoyed. I hate drivers like that. If you want to kill yourself be my guest but don't put other people in danger....that's just stupid and reckless. OK. Rant now over. :0)

Although it may be hard to see from my cranky rant above my run has made me calmer. (a little anyway) It really is a great stress reliever for me and I'm in a great mood to get started with a productive work day. I am also ready to tackle some squats, lunges, abs, and pushups when I get home. It's going to be awesome!

OK friends, more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...