Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

When a bird is in love with a fish....

When a bird is in love with a fish.....you better make sure the tank lid is closed.

Because just as you turn around your feathered friend could be planning a swim session. Seriously.

Oh Wyatt. His poor little bird brain can't quite understand the fish tank and he is officially in love with my orange fish although he can't figure out why those birds in the tank can fly over to see him.

Poor thing. Bless his heart. He's too young for unrequited love. :0)

Seriously though he has almost fallen in the back of the tank at least twice and has tried to dunk his face in too. Problem is I'm fairly certain if he did ever fall in or stick his head in Tupelo would eat him. Yeah, seriously. Tupelo is big, aggressive, and I'm pretty sure if he saw Wyatt he'd nibble/amputate a little foot or wing.

So we had to separate Wyatt from his fishy love and cover that side of his cage with a sheet. It's kind of funny but I feel for him. :0)

Anyway moving on.


Sorry for the absence-o-blogging again, I had a really rough work week last week. Nothing really terrible, I just had a couple days that didn't go as planned. It's happens. Good news is coming off the weekend I'm feeling better about things.

Health wise I'm doing well with my running plan for the 5K. I managed to get some exercise this weekend although I have no record of the time or distance for my runs because I forgot my Garmin watch at home. I was feeling strong on Saturday though and my cardiovascular shape has really been coming along. I know I mentioned last week how I could calmly breath instead of huffing and puffing like I used to do which I'm taking as a sign I might actually be getting better at this running thing. :0)

Eating wise I've been doing great too. That whole eat when your hungry thing is a novel idea. I'm not sure when I stopped listening to my body but getting back into the most basic habit of eating when I'm hungry and being able to tell the difference between hunger and thirst is a big improvement. I was worried at first that if I stopped counting every calorie that I'd gain weight but I'm actually loosing weight faster than I thought I'd be by just eating when my body tells me I need to. I'm also not so concerned about the numbers but eating healthy meals of whole grains, rice, lentils, lean meats, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. Today's lunch is going to be delicious. I made a turkey sandwich on dark German wheat bread with cheese, tomato, lettuce, and a little mustard, and a little mayo. Yum! Breakfast this morning was good too. Cottage cheese with raisins and a banana and a cheese omelet. Mmmmmm.

Not too much else going on. Sorry for the very boring post but tonight's run should be epic and I'll definitely post after I finish it. I'm trying a new route on relatively flat ground so I'm excited.

Also I'm getting so pumped for my 5Ks and I got some great support from one of friends Katie who just started running a couple years ago and she said anytime I wanted a running buddy or to do a race to give her a call which was great. I needed that kind of encouragement.

OK well on to the day! Have a good Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...