I just finished reading this great article called "Why Run?" on the Runners World web site. It is a fantastic read for anyone who is new to running....aka Me. I am definitely a beginner and was looking for some advice on 10K training and I stumbled across the article. I figured I could always use more motivation to get my runs in so I took a minute and read through it. And in the second to last paragraph I found some true inspiration.
"Show someone what it's like to want something. Lace up and give them something to believe in."
That pretty much says it all. Who doesn't want to be an inspiration for someone else? Who doesn't want to give someone something to believe in? I know I want to be that person that inspires and encourages.
So with that I looked at my work calendar and with no meetings on the docket I went out and walked for 30 minutes with my iPod. There was no reason not to. Even though I complain about exercising I NEVER regret it when it's over.
Here's to wanting and believing!
Check out the full article by

No comments:
Post a Comment