Hello friends,
I've got some bad news and good news. This post is a tough one to write mainly because this is where I fess up that the end of the week this week has been a little rough.
The bad news is I slacked a little on my exercise because of my sore hip and I ate poorly. The good news is since I have been tracking my calories every day...and I've been HONEST...it means I know EXACTLY what I'm doing wrong and what I need to do to fix it.
Even though seeing what went wrong each day can be a painful reality check it is one that I definitely need on a daily basis. And I have the Myfitnesspal Ap to thank for it.
The beauty of the Ap (which I know I've covered in other posts) in my opinion is when I open my ipad I click on the Ap and my meal and exercise tracker for the day appears on my home page. Depending on how I've done it can be a shock because at the top in BIG green or red numbers is the number of calories you ate. Green for good, as in you met your goal to eat X amount of calories, or red for bad, which has a negative number meaning you went over in calories by this many.
As you can see I'm in the red...again.
And like I said, it sucks when you find yourself in the red a few days in a row but it is also motivating. Sticking to a calorie count is a challenge and one that I specifically have to work on each and every day. When working with my dietitian and doctor they recommended a 1200 calorie diet for me which is VERY VERY VERY difficult to keep to but because of my slow metabolism it is also VERY VERY VERY important that I stick to it to loose weight. But another feature of the Ap is that I can see the week as an overview to see what days I ate well and what days I didn't. (This week I found since Wednesday I have gotten gradually worse with how many calories over I am). And then you can even take a deeper dive into the food log and see what I ate on a good day and what changes and adjustments I need to make.
In the food log you can scroll down through the meals and snack sections and see what choices I made that were good and which weren't great....hmmm this example shows a 700 calorie lunch.....Yup, that's a problem. But over the last 2 weeks I've really been getting better at what is a good breakfast option and what isn't. I am so much more accountable too with the Ap because it does lots of the calculating for me. Granted it doesn't have every meal in existence in it's database but for that they have the quick calorie adder where you just type in the calories you ate so if for example you couldn't find Doritos on the list you could just look at the bag you were eating and enter the calories in directly. Although, hopefully you aren't eating Doritos on your 1200 calorie count. ;0)
I know that while this has been a hard couple weeks of accountability for my eating habits I truly believe it's helping me get a hold on my diet. It is a very clear tracker of where my trouble areas are, what my trouble foods are, and what I need to fix.
Here's to gaining control over my eating!
This weekend will be great as I have 2 runs planned, (My hips is also feeling much better) and I'll be tackling my daily WYM challenge! I love that the challenge ends on my birthday because it makes it more fun and I am still trying to set a person goal to be out of the 2's and in to Onederland by my birthday. I definitely have A LOT to loose but even if I get somewhere close I'll be really pleased! I can't wait to be in the 1's again and say good-bye to the 2's where I will NEVER be again.
Anyway here's to eating less and and learning to control my diet! Happy weekend everyone!



No comments:
Post a Comment