Hello friends,
I hope you are all having a wonderful Tuesday morning. Mine started early with a 1.9 mile run outside with my new watch! It finally came in the mail yesterday and I was so excited to try it out on my run today. Once I got used to the extra weight...it is a little heavy....it was wonderful. I have it currently set to calculate time, pace, and distance. I am also going to add elevation to my settings for tomorrow because one of the hills is killer and I would like to see what the elevation of that is. But today's run came in at:
25:52 minutes
1.93 miles
Average pace 13:21
Best pace 9:13
9:13 Holla!!! I was super excited to see at some point on the run I was kicking ass. That being said I had to stop and walk a couple times which is why my average pace went up but I was happy to see that when I was running I was averaging around a 10:30 minute mile. Not too shabby! I felt pretty good on the run but I felt fatigued this morning so it wasn't as great as I was hoping for, but seriously 9:13 best pace I'll take it!
Part of the reason I felt a little fatigued is we did a killer routine last night with Randi where Cathy and I both went up in weights. I used 10's for the night and we did weighted squats and lunges, bicep curls, plank-ups, pushups, rows, side raises, and a bunch of other stuff. It was crazy and my legs were a little jellyish this morning when I got up but on a soreness level they really weren't too bad. That being said I may be feeling it as the day progresses so we'll see. I did go ahead and take an Advil after my run because my hip is still giving me a little trouble. I think I pound the pavement a little harder on my left side since I'm left handed and it's been bothering my hip a little. Nothing too serious and when I take a day off it feels fine so I think it's just getting used to running. I'm hoping with the exercise and diet strategies that I'll be able to get some of this weight off so it won't hurt as bad. When I ran at 170 pounds I felt fine and all my joints and things felt fine so I know getting this weight off will help.
In other news I had my Day 1 of the Whittle Your Middle challenge (WYM) last night and it went pretty well. I convinced Randi and Cathy that we should all do it together but we were so exhausted by the end of the hour that we had a harder time doing some of the moves. I think we would have done better had we done it fresh instead of tired but it gives us a starting place! Tonight is Day 2 and I'm hoping to do a little better today. I'm going to do it when I get home and write down my times and sets etc.
Breakfast today was toast, 2 slices, one with honey and one with peanut butter and honey. I also had 2 cups of coffee with skim milk and a couple strawberries.
Can't write for long today as I have a client meeting to get to but just wanted to check in and let you know how things were going. I'll post tonight about WYM Day 2! Till later friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment