Here we go! Day 1 WYM Challenge! I'm going to hit it up after my workout with Randi tonight!
Also I am taking on another 30-day challenge called the No More Gossip (NMG) Challenge! This one is another 30-day challenge that one of my favorite bloggers is doing (Check out her blog Here.)
![]() |
| Sourc |
As I was considering this challenge it reminded me of a song/speech written by Baz Luhrman in the late 90's which is full of good advice called "Everybody Wear Sunscreen" you can see the full lyrics here. Some of my favorite sections from the song are,
1. Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Oh, nevermind, you won't understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded, but trust me in 20 years, you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked. You are not as fat as you imagine.
2. Remember compliments you receive; forget the insults. (if you succeed in doing this, tell me how).
3. Do not read beauty magazines; they will only make you feel ugly.
Good advice huh? Number 3 I have ALWAYS agreed with! So in an effort to not only have a healthier body with the WYM challenge I'm also going to attempt to have a healthier mind and stay away from Gossip magazines such as People, OK, and a slew of others that I often frequent online or waiting in the grocery store line. And as my blogger friend puts it....It's probably a good thing to not know what Kim Kardashian is up to. :0)
So here's to 30 days of a healthier mind and body!


No comments:
Post a Comment