Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Keeping the Momentum

I don't know about any of you but do you find that once you get in to a routine of exercise that if it changes you have a tough time figuring out alternative ideas to keep the momentum going? I do.

I'm in one of those positions for the next week or so. Randi's going on vacation! I know what you're thinking, she can't leave, who will teach my class! ;0) At least that is what I was thinking. I know Randi is certainly entitled to take her vacation time but seriously what am I going to do without class for 10 days!

I had gotten into such a groove with going classes and running on the non-class days. So that being said to keep myself in line to get to my birthday goal I am going to be doing some serious exercise on my own. I have a plan all organized so I can keep exercising while she's away but I will have to step it up since I usually get a crazy good workout with her. I have a harder time running back-to-back days so I'm trying to mix in some classes and pool time to split things up. So here is what I'm thinking.

My tentative schedule for the rest of this week, next week, and leading into my birthday. I have 19 days to try to drop 10 pounds.....I'm a little nervous I can't do it but I'm going to give it all I've got. I knew it was an aggressive goal to start with but I'll dammed if I don't do everything I possible can to get there.

Tonight - Randi Class
W - AM run outside
Th - AM swim at gym
Fr - AM run outside
S - Hike
Sun - AM run outside
M - PM Pilates class
T - AM run outside
W - PM Pilates class
Th - AM run outside
F - AM swim at gym
S - Hike
Sun - OFF
M - Randi's class
T - AM run outside
W - AM run outside
Th - Randi's class
F - Randi's class
Sa - Hike ------- Birthday Weigh-In!!!

There you have it. 12 days of workouts in a row. That would certainly be a new goal for me. I don't think I've ever done 12 days of exercise in a row without an OFF day. But I know that it is a balance of exercise and diet. The exercise part seems to be coming along and is actually getting to be....dare I say, Fun. The diet I still need to be VERY VERY careful with. When I find myself in a snacky mood I still need to remind myself to take 2 steps back away from the fridge but I'm really getting much much better. I can tell that I'm eating less and another win for me was when I put my jeans on this morning out of the dryer and I didn't have to squeeze into them to get them to buckle they came right on no trouble. Awesome huh. I know it may seem silly but these little victories are really what helps keep me dedicated to my diet and exercise program.

Today is off to a good start, although I will confess I am a little tired which seems impossible since I went to bed at 9:30. But I'm really excited for class with Randi tonight and getting in a great run tomorrow. More later friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...