Hope everyone is off to a good start this morning. After some much needed sleep I actually woke up feeling quite refreshed and to a singing bird! This weekend we moved Paul's canary into my apartment because they are painting at his place and the fumes are really bad for small birds and can actually kill them so Mr. Bird is on a vacation at my house. :0)
He is a beautiful orange color and is the happiest bird. He sings and sings in the morning and I have to admit it was nice to wake up to. I liked the happy cheep cheep and songs that he was singing this morning.
But more about this morning later. This weekend Paul and I had a great time in the Pocs. It rained pretty much the whole time but we had a blast. Friday night as I mentioned in my blog once we got up to the house I sat on the couch and iced my ankle and hip. It actually helped quite a bit so I might start making time to ice. We also stayed up till around 1am finishing our Pillars of the Earth miniseries. :0) Oops. It was soooo good. I mean, it wasn't the best thing ever but I was really happy with the way it ended. I should probably read the book now but we'll see.
![]() |
| Source |
Saturday I had all intentions of running but I was really hurting and my hamstrings were still on fire so I listened to my body and took the day off. We spent most of the day playing games, reading, and running some errands and then went to one of our favorite restaurant's called Kay's which is a cozy pizza and Italian place but they have all kinds of food. I was pleased with my eating too because I stuck to 1 light beer, ate only half of my plate, and had a salad to start so I wasn't starving by the time dinner came. Paul and I don't eat out much these days so it was special for us to go out. We had a great time and then went home to play with Sarah. We usually steal her from Paul's parents on the weekends because it is so much fun having a dog up there. That night we watched a Sam Elliot movie. Sam Elliot does all those westerns and is just kind of awesome and when we were at Walmart we saw a Sam Elliot collection of DVDs for 5 dollars so we bought it. We watched the first one and it was entertaining. Again not the best but still really fun.
![]() |
| Source |
Sunday it was pouring when we got up so we stayed inside and decided to pack up, clean up the house and head home. I was disappointed because I was going to try to run before the rain started but I was up at 6, 8, and then 9 and it was pouring the whole time so I decided to forgo the run and get a house cleaning workout. I cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed, did bathrooms, packed and loaded the car etc. I'm pretty sure it didn't burn too many calories so I kept my calories in check for the rest of the evening. When we got home we unpacked and then went to dinner with Paul's parents. Once we got home we got organized for Monday and started a Robert Redford movie called Jeremiah Johnson. It's pretty interesting. I was getting tired around 10 though so we are going to finish it tonight.
![]() |
| Source |
Not too much else to fill you all in on. I was a little frustrated that I didn't get in 5 days of exercise but only managed 4 this week but I'm glad I listened to my body when I did and I'm excited for a great week this week of exercise. Randi is on vacation starting on Thursday so we have classes Monday and Tuesday this week and I'll be running and maybe doing a yoga video for later in the week.
In terms of being on track with diet I am getting MUCH better and sticking to my numbers the best I can. It is tough to get to 1200 with exercise because I'm hungry but I manage to get in about 1400 to 1500 which is still a HUGE improvement and I'm still seeing the weight come off. I have lost 4 pounds in 20 days even with a couple days of not eating as well so I'm pleased. I would have liked to see around 5 or 6 in 20 days but I'm on the right track and I'm keeping myself motivated.
So with that being said I'm on my way to a great week and I can't wait to weigh-in on Sunday! Hooray! Happy Monday everyone.




No comments:
Post a Comment