Now I know what you are thinking.....stairs are always better than the elevator BUT what about the excuse, "I'm in a hurry!"?
![]() |
| Source |
![]() |
| Source |
Much to my surprise, I was able to climb the stairs, at a normal pace, FASTER than the elevator. I only know this because there were 2 men in the elevator who were going up and just as I opened the stairwell door the elevator door shut and once I came out of the stairwell I saw the men come out of the elevator. So, the excuse that taking the stairs is slower has officially been ruled out. At least in this instance and in my office building. I'm sure if I tried to walk up to the 11th floor where my other office was instead of the elevator I would loose but I was happy to realize that I can in fact walk up the stairs to the 3rd floor fast than the elevator can in my current office. Hooray!
Stairs have a double win for being faster and better health wise!
Post Stair/Elevator Evaluation Notes: I have now successfully beat 5 different groups of people in the stairs vs. elevator challenge and I LOVE when they look over and see me coming out of the stairs before they are off the elevator. I'm always tempted to say something like, Yeah that's right I just whooped some elevator ass! But of course I don't.
So to sum up, take the stairs because it's healthier and come beach time this summer your butt and legs will be thanking you. ;0)



No comments:
Post a Comment